Dr Mehdi Korki
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- EN607A Hawthorn campus
I am currently a Lecturer at Swinburne University of Technology. I have completed my Ph.D. in School of Software and Electrical Engineering, at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, in 2016. My research interests include statistical signal processing, machine learning, power line communication (PLC), source localization and smart grid communications. In my Ph.D. project, I have worked on developing novel statistical signal processing algorithms for block sparse signal reconstruction. I have also applied these promising algorithms to wireless and PLC systems for bursty (clustered-structure) impulsive noise reduction. I received my B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, and the M.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from Swinburne University of Technology, in 2001 and 2012, respectively. From 2001 to 2009, I was employed by Telecommunication Company of Booshehr (TCB), Iran, as an Optical Systems Engineer.
Personal Webpage: http://www.mkorki.info
Statistical Signal Processing; Digital Signal Processing; Smart Grid Communications; Power Line Communications; Wireless Sensor Networks; Distributed Signal Processing; Sparse Signal Processing; Compressed Sensing; Adaptive Filters
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Signal Processing - 090609
- Power And Energy Systems Engineering (excl. Renewable Power) - 090607
- Renewable Power And Energy Systems Engineering (excl. Solar Cells) - 090608
Smart Grids and Microgrids;Power System Operation and Control;Power System Stability;Digital Signal Processing;Actuators and Sensors;Analogue Electronics;Electrical Machines;Circuits and Systems
- 2018, Swinburne, one of the winners of Shark Tank competition (at Swinburne Innovation Precinct) to visit Chennai’s world-class innovation challenge, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2016, Swinburne, Rated as one of the Excellent academic teachers for 2016, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2013, Swinburne, Competitive award for conference attendance, FSET, to attend IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, Vancouver, Canada., Swinburne University of Technology
- 2011, Swinburne, Swinburne University Postgraduate Research Awards (SUPRA) for PhD program, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2017 (current): President, AUSTRALIA INVENTORS ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED, Australia
- 2016 (current): Member, IEEE, Australia
Also published as: Korki, Mehdi; Korki, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display