Dr Michael Moran
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203 Hawthorn campus
Dr Michael Moran is a senior lecturer at Swinburne’s Centre for Social Impact (CSI) and National Education Director for CSI, a collaboration between UNSW, the University of Western Australia and Swinburne University of Technology. His current research focusses on social enterprise, social impact investment, philanthropy, impact measurement, and resourcing of the not for profit sector. A public policy specialist, Dr Moran has particular expertise in comparative and international public policy, and also works with industry, government and the not for profit sector on the role of public policy in enabling and constraining social economy development.
Before completing his PhD and joining academia he was a research analyst (corporate governance) for a leading sustainability and corporate social responsibility ratings agency and also worked in policy advocacy in the development NGO sector. He received his PhD in Public Policy and Administration from the University of Melbourne. An edited version of his thesis was published by Routledge (Taylor & Francis) in 2014 (paperback 2017).
Public Policy; Policy and Administration; Governance; Social enterprise; Social impact; Philanthropy and social investment; International Public Policy
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- Business And Management - 150300
- 2007, Select, Australian Post-Graduate Award, Commonwealth of Australia
Also published as: Moran, Michael; Moran, M.; Moran, Michael J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Mapping the Terrain: Policy Coordination and Housing Outcomes during the COVID-19 Crisis *; AHURI 2020 NHRP Rapid Research Round - Covid-19
- 2019: Impact Measurement Framework Support *; Philanthropy Australia
- 2018: Impact Evaluation Framework *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
- 2018: Promoting Financial Resilience in Australia - Journey to Social Inclusion (J2SI) *; University of New South Wales
- 2017: Co-designing social enterprise legal models in Australia: a user-centered approach *; Centre for Social Impact Swinburne - Internal contributions
- 2017: Community Investment Best Practice Benchmarking *; Rio Tinto
- 2017: Mapping and Analysis of Social Enterprises in Victoria 2017 *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: Understanding opportunities for social impact investment in the development of affordable housing *; AHURI National Housing Research Program - Research Projects
- 2016: The opportunities, risks and possibilities of social impact investment for housing and homelessness *; AHURI National Housing Research Program - Research Projects
- 2015: Social Enterprise Literature Review *; Dep of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources
- 2014: Understanding network qualities and workforce implications of collaborative governance *; Australia New Zealand School of Government
- 2013: Access, Recognition and Representation: Philanthropy and Aging in a Multicultural Society *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
- 2013: The Philanthropy Education Project (Stage One) *; Museum for Australian Democracy at Eureka
- 2013: To evaluate and report on the experience of grant applicants in relation to LMCF grant processes *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
- 2012: Corporate social investment in the Australian food and beverage sector: a preliminary review *; The Pratt Foundation
- 2010: Desktop research review *; The Thomas Foundation
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display