Dr Muhammad Awais Javed
Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Corrosion Engineering, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; One Year, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany; Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- ATC811.03 Hawthorn campus
Dr. M. Awais Javed is currently working as a postdoctoral research fellow at Swinburne University of Technology after successfully completing his PhD (in June 2015) in which he has investigated various aspects of microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) of carbon steels. He completed his BSc (Hon’s) in metallurgical and materials engineering in 2009. He is currently a member of Young Corrosion Group (YCG) of Australasian Corrosion Association. He has won several awards at different forums including best presentation award at Brian Cherry Forum in 2014 and Young Corrosionist Conference Scholarship in 2015. Recently, he was nominated and selected for Fresh Science Victoria 2016, a national competition helping early-career researchers find, and then share, their stories of discovery. He has published many high impact journal and conference articles in the field of corrosion and is currently involved in the corrosion studies of pipeline materials at Swinburne University. His research interests include microbiologically influenced corrosion, marine corrosion, metallic coatings, microstructure characterization and its effect on corrosion.
Microbiologically influenced corrosion; Marine corrosion; Microstructural characterization; Bacterial growth and attachment studies; PCR and q-PCR for bacterial quantification and analysis
ADM80013-Advanced Manufacturing Processes;ENG10002-Engineering Materials;MEE20001-Thermodynamics 1;ADM80007-Surface Engineering
- 2017, International, he David Whitby Best Review Paper Award honor titleThe David Whitby Best Review Paper Award, Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA)
- 2015, International, Young Corrosionist Conference Scholarship, Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA)
- 2014, International, Travel Grant – International Congress on Marine Corrosion and Fouling 2014, US Office for Naval Research Global
- 2014, National, 1st Place Award at Annual Brian Cherry Forum, Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA)
- 2013, Swinburne, Three Minute Thesis (3MT) – Finalist, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- 2013, Other, DMTC - Best Presentation Award, DMTC, Australia
- 2012, International, Poster Presentation Competition - 2nd Position Awarded, Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA)
- 2011, Swinburne, Certificate of Excellence (Certificate for Best Poster), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- 2010, International, Gold Medal for showing top credentials in Final Year B.Sc. (Hons.) Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- 2010, International, Gold Medal for showing top credentials in B.Sc. (Hons.) Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
Also published as: Javed, Muhammad; Javed, M.; Javed, Muhammad Awais; Javed, M. A.; Javed, Muhammad A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display