Professor Margaret Reid
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- AD201c Hawthorn campus
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Mesoscopic quantum mechanics in real systems: Quantum mechanics is well-tested for microscopic systems. Recent experimental advances in cold atoms, opto-mechanics and quantum optics make mesoscopic tests feasible. We will develop theory for mesoscopic quantum mechanics, with a focus on entanglement, simulation, and quantum information applications.
Fields of Research
- Quantum Physics - 020600
- 2017, National, Fellow of the Australian Insitute of Physics, Australian Institute of Physics
- 2017, International, Fellow of the American Physical Society, American Physical Society
- 2014, National, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, Australian Academy of Science
- 2007, International, Fellow of the Optical Society of America , Optical Society of America
- 1994, National, Australian Research Council QE2 Fellowship , Australian Research Council
Also published as: Reid, Margaret; Reid, M. D.; Reid, Margaret D.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.
There are no media items to display