Professor Margaret Reid
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- AD201c Hawthorn campus
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Mesoscopic quantum mechanics in real systems: Quantum mechanics is well-tested for microscopic systems. Recent experimental advances in cold atoms, opto-mechanics and quantum optics make mesoscopic tests feasible. We will develop theory for mesoscopic quantum mechanics, with a focus on entanglement, simulation, and quantum information applications.
Fields of Research
- Quantum Physics - 020600
- 2017, National, Fellow of the Australian Insitute of Physics, Australian Institute of Physics
- 2017, International, Fellow of the American Physical Society, American Physical Society
- 2014, National, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, Australian Academy of Science
- 2007, International, Fellow of the Optical Society of America , Optical Society of America
- 1994, National, Australian Research Council QE2 Fellowship , Australian Research Council
Also published as: Reid, Margaret; Reid, M. D.; Reid, Margaret D.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Applications and tests of mesoscopic quantum coherence and entanglement *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Mesoscopic quantum reality in the light of new technologies *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: Quantum properties of high-spin ultra-cold matter *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display