Ms Maria Camacho
PhD Design, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; MA Design Leadership, Middlesex University, United Kingdom; BS Industrial Design, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Design Factory Melbourne
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- Hawthorn campus
Maria is a lecturer at Swinburne University of Technology and a PhD fellow with the CSIRO* researching models of design thinking. For ten years she has been an academic partner of Stanford University’s ME310 global design innovation course. She has over 20 years of academic and industrial experience on strategic design and innovation in Australia, Colombia, and the UK. In London she also earned a Master degree on Design Leadership. Maria has been a visiting lecturer in Italy, Brazil, China and Uganda and has presented in conferences in many countries, including Mexico, Cuba and Chile. Her passion for the role of design for development has been one of the main drivers of her career.
Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Thinking and Complexity; Product Innovation Design
Fields of Research
- Design Practice And Management - 120300
design management;design leadership;design thinking;design innovation
Also published as: Camacho, Maria; Camacho, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: DFM: New water-related products *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
- 2016: DFM: Inospring (Global) - Smart Mailbox of the Future *; Stanford University
- 2015: DFM: Mustela Innovative packaging for baby care products and enhancing baby care experience *; Paris d.school at École des Ponts
- 2015: DFM: The Vineyards Solution (rationalisation of farm work by agricultural machine) *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display