Ms Maria Camacho
PhD Design, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; MA Design Leadership, Middlesex University, United Kingdom; BS Industrial Design, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Design Factory Melbourne
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- AMDC904 Hawthorn campus
At Swinburne University of Technology Maria is a member of the Centre for Design Innovation, Course Director of the Bachelor of Innovation & Design, and lecturer in the Master of Design Strategy and Innovation. She has been an academic partner of Stanford University’s global ME310 Design Innovation course for ten years. Maria has been a visiting professor in Italy, China and Uganda, and has participated in conferences around the world both as a keynote presenter and as a researcher. She is a PhD CSIRO fellow, researching design thinking models, for which she has interviewed personalities like David Kelley (published), Don Norman and Richard Buchanan; she also holds a Master of Arts in Design Leadership from Middlesex University in the UK. Previously, Maria led the development, launch and establishment of two innovative undergraduate strategic design programs in Colombia and worked with industry on design, strategy and innovation.
Strategic & Transformative Design: Design Thinking and Complexity; Product Innovation Design
Fields of Research
- Design Practice And Management - 120300
design management;design leadership;design thinking;design innovation
Also published as: Camacho, Maria; Camacho, M.; Camacho, Maria F.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: DFM: New water-related products *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
- 2016: DFM: Inospring (Global) - Smart Mailbox of the Future *; Stanford University
- 2015: DFM: Mustela Innovative packaging for baby care products and enhancing baby care experience *; Paris d.school at École des Ponts
- 2015: DFM: The Vineyards Solution (rationalisation of farm work by agricultural machine) *; Yanmar Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display