Professor Mrinal Bhave
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS228 Hawthorn campus
Mrinal obtained her PhD from the University of Poona in Pune, India, followed by post-doctoral positions at the National Institute of Health (USA) and University of Florida. Her experience also includes research posts with the Murdoch Institute of the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne and Pitman-Moore Australia, after which she joined Victoria University as a teachign and research academic. She joined Swinburne University in 2002, where her current research activities are focused on addressing agricultural and environmental issues applying molecular biology, biochemistry and biotechnology techniques.
Biotechnology; Cell Biology and Biochemistry; Molecular Biology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Biochemistry And Cell Biology - 060100
- Agricultural Biotechnology - 100100
- Genetics - 060400
Biotechnology;Cell Biology and Biochemistry;Molecular Biology
Also published as: Bhave, Mrinal; Bhave, M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2014: Embassy of Libya Canberra's donation in support of research project of PhD student Ms. Nadin Mustafa Shagaghi (Mrinal Bhave supervisor) *; Embassy of Libya Canberra
- 2013: Testing the nutraceutical effects of vitamin E components isolated from rice and barley in a model cell line, for cardiovascular health benefits. *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display