Dr Muneera Bano
PhD Software Engineering, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Dr Muneera Bano has over a decade of experience in academic teaching, research, supervision, and leadership with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team. She graduated from Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney in 2015 with a PhD in Software Engineering. Since graduation, she has worked as a Post-doctoral research fellow, and Learning and Teaching Adjunct in Faculty of Engineering and IT at University of Technology Sydney till July 2017.
She has received prestigious research scholarships ($170,000) during different stages of her PhD. She was finalist for the Google Australia’s Anita Borg memorial award for women in Computer Science, Asia-Pacific 2015. She won Schlumberger Faculty for the Future (FFTF) Award for two year 2014 and 2015. The program aims to address the gender gap in STEM disciplines by selecting the talented female scientists, providing them with a unique opportunity to develop their skills, exposing them to vital international experience and networking.
Her research interests include requirements engineering, service orientation, sentiment analysis and evidence based software engineering.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Computer Software - 080300
- Information Systems - 080600
Software Analysis and Testing;Software Engineering
- 2018, International, Distinguished Research Paper Award, International Requirements Engineering Conference, Banff, Canada 2018
- 2015, International, Schlumberger Faculty For The Future (FFTF), Schlumberger
- 2015, Other, Post Thesis Publication Award, University of Technology Sydney
- 2015, International, Google Anita Borg Women in Computer Science, Google Sydney
- 2014, International, Schlumberger Faculty For The Future (FFTF), Schlumberger
- 2014, National, International Research Student (IRS), University of Technology Sydney
- 2018 - 2020: Associate Editor, IET Software, United Kingdom
- 2018 - 2018: Chair, Poster and Tool demo at International Requirements Engineering Conference, Canada
- 2018 - 2018: Chair, Poster and Tool demo at Australian Software Engineering Conference, Australia
- 2018 - 2019: Committee Member, Deputy Course Director for Bachelor of ICT at FSET Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- 2018 - 2018: Committee Member, SAGE @ Swinburne, Australia
Also published as: Bano, Muneera; Bano, M.; Sahibzada, Muneera Bano
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Grant information is currently offline and as such is unable to be displayed here. A further update will be provided in mid-January 2019.