Dr Lois Shedd
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- AGSE324 Hawthorn campus
Lois Shedd (BA, MPub&Edit, PhD) is Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Senior Research Consultant in the Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research Group at Swinburne Business School, with a passion for research translation and communication.
She uses both qualitative and quantitative techniques to develop rigorous marketing insights for clients across sectors, with particular expertise in rapid thematic analysis of open-text survey data, synthesis of diverse qualitative data using situational analysis, and anthropological research approaches. She has applied these methods for both government and commercial clients, including some of Australia's biggest brands.
Lois also conducts academic research on customer experience, consumer culture and consumer wellbeing, with peer-reviewed papers published in Business Horizons and the International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management.
Consumer Culture; Customer Experience; Digital Disruption; Consumer Wellbeing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Marketing Theory - 150506
- Commercial Services - 150400
- Marketing Management (incl. Strategy And Customer Relations) - 150503
Digital Marketing;Consumer Behaviour;Services Marketing;Marketing Insights;Marketing Communications;Qualitative Research Methods
- 2020 (current): Committee Member, Institute of Professional Editors, Australia
- 2014 (current): Member, Institute of Professional Editors, Australia
Also published as: Shedd, Lois; Shedd, L.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: PLACEMAKING DATA ANALYSIS *; Boorondara City Council
* Chief Investigator
- 2019-09-24: Breakfast with Ali Clarke - ABC Radio Adelaide
- 2018-11-15: Breakfast with Robert Blackmore - ABC Sunshine Coast