Doctor of Philosophy (candidature conversion from Masters 2018), Swinburne University of Technology , Australia; Masters of Design (Research) enrolled, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) , Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), 1997, Australia
Lucas Licata is a digital media artist, design researcher and lecturer in 3D computer graphics (CG). A PhD candidate researching in the field of computer graphics (CG) design for virtual reality (VR). Adding to new knowledge by filling the gap in how to quantitatively measure in VR's feeling of "being there" known as presence. The research goal is to understand how different CG fidelity (quality) affect the sense of presence by measuring gait (walking) in VR.
Lucas has a passion for 3D CG design, with many years of experience working in the digital media design industry. A professional career designing and developing digital media projects from illustrations, animations and interactions for industries and clients in Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Education, Government, Film & TV and Digital Arts. With a background in Fine Art painting, Lucas brings his passion for image-making and digital technologies together to create an engaging learning environment for creative students.
In addition to lecturing in design to Lucas is also the WIL Coordinator (Work Integrated Learning) for the School of Design and places students in the design industry on Professional Placements and Professional Internships.
Human Computer Interactions; Health research design; 3D; VR; CG
Fields of Research
- Design - 330300
- Computer Gaming And Animation - 360502
Design;3D Modelling and Animation;Digitial Video Compositing;VR
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Excellence Award (Higher Education)., Swinburne University of Technology
- 2005, National, Winner of the, 2005 Victorian Coastal Awards for Excellence, Design and Illustrated educational campaign for best practice storm water management for industrial sites in the City of Greater Geelong working with WBM environmental engineers.
- 2004, National, Winner of Bell Award 2004: Best Consumer Magazine Graphic Design, 3D Illustrator for Australian Anthill Magazine
Also published as: Licata, Lucas; Licata, L.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
- 2019-06-18: THE ITALIAN ROOM - VFXScience