Dr Lilith Caballero Aguilar
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Lilith Caballero is a research fellow at Swinburne University of Technology and at St. Vincent's Hospital Melbourne. Lilith holds a bachelor in Physics Engineering (UADY, Mexico) and MSc. Biomedical Engineering (KU Leuven, Belgium). In December 2019 Lilith graduated from her PhD (Swinburne) where she investigated advanced materials for growth factor delivery.
Lilith's expertise is in the Drug Delivery field specifically designing novel biomaterials for drug delivery systems for Tissue Engineering applications. Her current research projects include the use of 3D printing technologies for cartilage repair and the development of medical devices for pancreatic cancer. Lilith works in close collaboration with researchers from the University of Melbourne, UoW and RMIT at St.Vincent's Hospital (ACMD centre).
Her research interests include Biomaterials, Nano/microparticles, Microfluidics, hydrogels, 3D printing, Stem Cells, Chemical Synthesis, Biochemistry, Medical devices.
Biomedical science; Bioreactors and Tissue Engineering
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Honours topics and outlines
Microparticles for tissue engineering applications: The project aims to develop a drug delivery system for drugs and gene transfection. The project involves the fabrication of the microstructures. The developed structures will be then used to biofabricate hydrogels using extrusion techniques and 3D printing. The application is open to highly motivated honors students in biochemistry, biomedical engineering, pharmacology, and related areas.
Fields of Research
- Other Biomedical And Clinical Sciences - 329900
- 2021, National, ATA Scientifc encouragment award, ATA Scientific
Also published as: Caballero Aguilar, Lilith; Caballero Aguilar, L.; Caballero Aguilar, L. M.; Caballero Aguilar, Lilith M.; Caballero Aguilar, Lilith Mabel; Caballero-Aguilar, L.; Caballero-Aguilar, L. M.; Caballero-Aguilar, Lilith M.; Caballero-Aguilar, Lilith Mabel
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Processing and Modification of Short Polymer Fibres *; Cytomatrix Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-08-25: Article about project - The National Tribune newspaper
- 2021-08-24: Article about research - St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
- 2020-01-24: Interview - SciComm Women in STEM
- 2020-01-20: Interview - Local newspaper (Mx)
- 2019-09-09: Interview - ARC Centre Electromaterials Science
- 2019-02-26: Interview - ACES interview
- 2017-08-29: Interview about collaborations - CELLINK
- 2010-01-07: Interview about REF grant - ARC ACES