Ms Laura Crawford
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Film and Animation
- AMDC709 Hawthorn campus
Laura teaches game design at an undergraduate level and critical media theory at a postgraduate level. She is also a lecturer and consultant in the area of attraction to screen violence. Her fields of expertise include the epistemology of the user relationship with screen violence and the psychology of attraction to fantastical violence. She publishes in these areas, and speaks frequently at conferences nationally and internationally on various topics related to her field. She is heavily involved in the Australian games community, speaking at and facilitating events and discussions pertaining to violence in games, independent game design and social issues within the industry. Laura is currently a PhD candidate in the School of Health Sciences, Department of Psychological Sciences at Swinburne University of Technology. She is also Vice President of the Digital Games Research Association (Australian Chapter).
Games; Forensic Psychology; Violence; Attraction
Fields of Research
- Screen And Digital Media - 360500
- Applied And Developmental Psychology - 520100
- Biological Psychology - 520200
- Clinical And Health Psychology - 520300
- Cognitive And Computational Psychology - 520400
- Social And Personality Psychology - 520500
Communication, Journalism and Media Studies;Digital Media, Film and Television;Games
- 2016, International, MCV Pacific Top 100 Influential Women in Games, MCV Pacific/Microsoft
- 2015, International, MCV Pacific Top 75 Influential Women in Games, MCV Pacific/Microsoft
- 2010, National, Australian Postgraduate Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2007, International, Lifetime member, Golden Key International Honours Society
Also published as: Crawford, Laura; Crawford, L.; Crawford, L. M.; Crawford, Laura M.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
- 2015-10-18: Girl Geek Speak - Joy 94.9 Radio
- 2015-04-27: MCV Pacific Women In Games: Laura Crawford - MCV Pacific
- 2015-04-14: The 2015 MCV Pacific Women in Games List - MCV Pacific
- 2014-03-24: The Blame Game - Hyper Magazine
- 2014-02-05: The Love of The Game: Armello - Joy 94.9 Radio
- Turning my love for gaming into a career - Swinburne Tumblr