Dr Kiros Hiruy
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE 203 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Kiros is a development anthropologist with regional development expertise. He is an experienced project manager with capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and his experiences have spanned regional economic development, project management, evaluation and social research. He has worked with communities, governments and non-governmental organisations in Africa, Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. Kiros has consulted widely in program evaluation.
Kiros is a trained practitioner in Social Return on Investment (SROI) and participatory monitoring and evaluation, and he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in social impact measurement and evaluation. Kiros’ broad research interest is understanding development and social change at local, regional and international levels. His particular interests include understanding the dynamics of social impact in rural and regional areas, the social impact of Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), and Diaspora (African) and social change.
Social impact; Anthropology; social eterprise
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- Anthropology Of Development - 160101
- Migrant Cultural Studies - 200208
Also published as: Hiruy, Kiros; Hiruy, K.; Hiruy, Kiroy
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Embedding Intercultural Cities in Australasia *; European Commission
- 2020: The State of Social Procurement in Australia and New Zealand *; IPA Personnel Services Pty Limited
- 2020: Understanding the Impacts of COVID-19 for Regional Victoria: Research Briefs *; Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- 2020: Understanding the Value and Impact of the Working for Victoria Initiative *; Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Fund Scheme
- 2019: Social Cohesion Project *; City of Whittlesea
- 2018: Towards an optimal employment strategy for people seeking asylum in Victoria *; Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Fund Scheme
- 2017: Evaluation of a fellowship program *; ISSI International Specialised Skills Institute
- 2017: Evaluation of Be Connected: a Digital Literacy for Older Australians Project - RFQ No. 70009747 *; Department of Social Services
- 2017: Mapping and Analysis of Social Enterprises in Victoria 2017 *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: Mapping the African Diasporas in Australia *; Scanlon Foundation
- 2017: Social Enterprise Impact Lab *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
- 2016: A research agreement for Swinburne University to evaluate 'Score!' for Attained Success *; Attained Success Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display