Dr Kristina Turner
- School of Social Sciences, Media, Film and Education
- Department of Education
- AS327 Hawthorn campus
Dr Kristina Turner is a Lecturer in Primary Education at Swinburne University. Kristina is the Course Director for the Bachelor of Education (Primary) and Master of Teaching (Primary) courses. Kristina has worked in a variety of school and university settings. In addition, Kristina regularly conducts 'Teacher Wellbeing' workshops for primary and secondary schools.
Kristina's research incorporates five key areas:
- Teachers’ and school leaders' wellbeing and application of positive psychology strategies, including the effects on their teaching practice and students’ learning
- Pre-service teacher emotional intelligence and wellbeing
- Teacher educator wellbeing
- Emotional intelligence and wellbeing in higher education
- Application of digital technologies to support student learning outcomes in higher education
Doctor of Philosophy, Research Major in Education, Latrobe University
Bachelor of Teaching, Latrobe University. (Generalist Teacher Primary/Middle Years)
Bachelor of Education with Honours, Latrobe University. (Generalist Teacher Primary/Middle Years)
Post Graduate Studies in Secondary Mathematics Teaching, Murdoch University (Years 7 -12 Mathematics).
Other Relevant Qualifications:
Mental Health First Aid (Certified workplace practitioner)
Emotional Intelligence (Yale University RULER program)
Positive Psychology (Psychology of Happiness)
Victorian Institute of Teachers
Australian Association for Research in Education
Australian Teacher Education Association
Positive Schools Australia
Positive Education Schools Association
Mathematics Association Victoria
Kristina is happy to work with students who hope to pursue post-graduate studies in teacher or pre-service teacher wellbeing, positive psychology in education, emotional intelligence in education, student engagement in learning and primary education. She is also open to discuss other areas of interest.
Teacher Wellbeing; Teacher Emotional Intelligence; Consciousness in Education; Positive Psychology in Education; Initial Teacher Education; Student Engagement; Primary Education
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Social and Emotional Learning;Teacher Wellbeing;Emotional Intelligence;Arts Education;Primary Education;Mathematics Education;Inquiry Learning
Also published as: Turner, Kristina; Turner, K.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Access Quality Teaching initiative *; VIC Department of Education and Training
- 2019: How to raise the status of teachers using digitally mediated social innovation *; ACDE_PT
* Chief Investigator
- 2022-05-23: Emotional Intelligence Interview Series - Aristotle Emotional Intelligence Programs
- 2019-12-10: Teacher practice, meaning and wellbeing - Austrailian Council for Educational Research
- 2019-11-04: Teachers ‘must show’ emotional intelligence but how will it be measured? (And other questions) - Australian Association for Research in Education