Associate Professor Jun Zhang
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN511b Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Associate Professor Jun Zhang received his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Wollongong in 2011. He is the Co-founder and Director of the Cybersecurity Lab, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His research interests include cybersecurity and applied machine learning. He is the Chief Investigator of several projects in cybersecurity, funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC). He has published more than 100 research papers in many international journals and conferences, such as the IEEE CST, PIEEE, TIFS, TDSC, CSUR, CCS, PETS. Two of his papers were selected as the featured articles in the July/August 2014 issue of TDSC and the March/April 2016 issue of IEEE IT Professional. He has been recognised in The Australian’s Top 250 Researchers special edition publication (09/2020) as the leading researcher in the field of Computer Security & Cryptography. He is leading Swinburne Cybersecurity Lab to deliver value and impact to our community, including significant contribution to Australian P-TECH education program and penetration test service to the industry partners. He is an IEEE senior member.
IP Network Resilience and Security; Software Security
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Computer System Security - 080303
- Information Systems - 080600
IP Network Resilience and Security;Software Security
Also published as: Zhang, Jun; Zhang, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Building an Encrypted and Searchable NoSQL Data Store *; Ansen Venture Capital
- 2020: Detecting Abnormal Network Traffic Using Graph Embeddings *; Defence Science Institute
- 2020: Developing Adversary-Aware Classifiers for Android Malware Detection *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Deep Malware Analysis for Cyber (Student Zian Liu) *; DATA61
- 2019: Detecting Firmware Vulnerabilities in Smart Home Devices *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: Intelligent Vulnerability Detection for Privacy Threat (Data61 Scholarship for Xinbo Ban) *; DATA61
- 2019: Towards Robust Learning Systems via Amortized Optimization and Domain Adaptation *; DATA61
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 1 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 2 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Developing an effective defence to cyber-reputation manipulation attacks *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2018: Fine-grained Anomaly Behaviour Identification for Predicting Cyber Insider Attacks *; Defence Science Technology Group - Research Contract
- 2017: Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2017: Deep Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
* Chief Investigator