Professor Jun Zhang
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN511b Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Professor Jun Zhang is a STEM educator and the director of the cybersecurity lab at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. In 2020, he was recognized as the leading Computer Security & Cryptography researcher by The Australian's top researchers special edition publication. He works closely with distinguished colleagues in industry and academia on applying AI to cybersecurity. His lab conducts world-class research and fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration with solid support from ARC, CSIRO, DSTG and many industry partners. The outputs include many high-impact research papers and multi-million-dollar R&D projects, significantly contributing to Swinburne's research excellence, particularly its ARWU, QS, THE and ERA rankings. Swinburne was named the top research institution in Computer Security & Cryptography in The Australian's 2021 research magazine. Professor Jun Zhang demonstrated a passion for high-quality education and training, developed an industry-driven teaching model and supported students to build job-ready skills. He has been a steering committee member of the Australian P-TECH program at Melbourne since 2019, promoting STEM education in local schools. He devotes himself to communication and community engagement, boosting cybersecurity awareness and innovation.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Data Security And Protection - 460403
- Software And Application Security - 460406
- System And Network Security - 460407
- 2021, Swinburne, Award of Mid-Career Researcher in the cluster of science, engineering and technology, Swinburne
- 2020, Swinburne, Award of Research Excellence in the software and computing technologies discipline, Swinburne
- 2020, National, Australia’s leading researcher in the field of Computer Security & Cryptography, The Australian
Also published as: Zhang, Jun; Zhang, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Building an Encrypted and Searchable NoSQL Data Store *; Ansen Venture Capital
- 2020: Detecting Abnormal Network Traffic Using Graph Embeddings *; Defence Science Institute
- 2020: Developing Adversary-Aware Classifiers for Android Malware Detection *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Deep Malware Analysis for Cyber (Student Zian Liu) *; DATA61
- 2019: Detecting Firmware Vulnerabilities in Smart Home Devices *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: Intelligent Vulnerability Detection for Privacy Threat (Data61 Scholarship for Xinbo Ban) *; DATA61
- 2019: Towards Robust Learning Systems via Amortized Optimization and Domain Adaptation *; DATA61
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 1 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Fine-grained Anomaly Behaviour Identification for Predicting Cyber Insider Attacks *; Defence Science Technology Group
- 2017: Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2017: Deep Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
* Chief Investigator