Associate Professor Jun Zhang
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN511b Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Jun Zhang is the Co-founder and Director of the cybersecurity lab, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He was recognized in The Australian’s top researchers special edition publication (09/2020) as Australia’s leading researcher in the field of Computer Security & Cryptography. His cybersecurity lab conducts world-class research and fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration with solid support from ARC, CSIRO, DSTG and many industry partners. Dr Jun Zhang works closely with distinguished colleagues. The outputs include many high impact research papers and multi-million-dollar research projects, which significantly contributes to Swinburne’s rankings in ARWU, QS, THE and ERA. He created a cybersecurity teaching team at Swinburne, developed an industry-driven teaching model, and achieved a smooth online transition during the pandemic. He has served as a steering committee member of the P-TECH program at Melbourne between 2019-2021, which the Australian Government invested in, promoting STEM education in secondary schools. He devotes himself to communication and community engagement, boosting the awareness of cybersecurity.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Data Security And Protection - 460403
- Software And Application Security - 460406
- System And Network Security - 460407
- 2021, Swinburne, Award of Mid-Career Researcher in the cluster of science, engineering and technology, Swinburne
- 2020, Swinburne, Award of Research Excellence in the software and computing technologies discipline, Swinburne
- 2020, National, Australia’s leading researcher in the field of Computer Security & Cryptography, The Australian
Also published as: Zhang, Jun; Zhang, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Building an Encrypted and Searchable NoSQL Data Store *; Ansen Venture Capital
- 2020: Detecting Abnormal Network Traffic Using Graph Embeddings *; Defence Science Institute
- 2020: Developing Adversary-Aware Classifiers for Android Malware Detection *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Deep Malware Analysis for Cyber (Student Zian Liu) *; DATA61
- 2019: Detecting Firmware Vulnerabilities in Smart Home Devices *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: Intelligent Vulnerability Detection for Privacy Threat (Data61 Scholarship for Xinbo Ban) *; DATA61
- 2019: Towards Robust Learning Systems via Amortized Optimization and Domain Adaptation *; DATA61
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 1 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 2 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Developing an effective defence to cyber-reputation manipulation attacks *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2018: Fine-grained Anomaly Behaviour Identification for Predicting Cyber Insider Attacks *; Defence Science Technology Group
- 2017: Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2017: Deep Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
* Chief Investigator