- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC716 Hawthorn campus
Professor Jay Sanjayan is the Director of Swinburne’s Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure and Professor of Concrete Structures.
His current projects include 3D printing of concrete, low carbon concretes, geopolymer concretes, use of phase change materials in construction and monitoring the performance of geopolymer concrete in the field. He has published extensively in these topics (with an H-index of 34 in Google Scholar) and is also involved in a number of consulting projects related to concrete materials technology and structural design.
In 2015, RILEM (International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures) appointed Professor Sanjayan Honorary President and he also served as Chairman of the Concrete 2015 conference held in Melbourne. He has also chaired the editorial board of Concrete in Australia, and was a member of the editorial board of Construction Materials Journal and Materials and Structures. Prior to joining Swinburne in 2010, Professor Sanjayan worked at Monash University for 21 years.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Construction Materials - 090503
- Structural Engineering - 090506
Also published as: Sanjayan, Jay; Sanjayan, J.; Sanjayan, J. G.; Sanjayan, Jay G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: 3D Concrete Printing Facility for Automated Construction Research *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2017: 3D Printing of Structures using Fibre Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2017: As-built investigation of existing concrete elements *; Powercor Australia Fund Scheme
- 2017: Functionally Graded Modelling of Geopolymer and Portland Cement Concretes *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2017: Resilient Buildings: Informing Maintenance for Long-Term Sustainability *; Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre Funding for Pre-Project Activities
- 2016: Development and Optimisation of Low Carbon, Affordable, Medium-rise Modular Structural System using Innovative Connections *; CRC Low Carbon Living
- 2016: Performance of safety critical anchors in early age concrete with SCM *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2015: An innovative light weight and "green" composite panel system for high speed modular construction *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2015: Three dimensionally compressed and monitored Hopkinson bar *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme - For funding commencing in 2015
- 2014: Geopolymer Concrete:Reducing Barriers for Commercial Adaptation of Construction Materials with Low Embodied Carbon *; CRC Low Carbon Living
- 2014: Investigation of Wave Propagation through Soils to Shallow Buried Fibre Optic Cable *; Department of State Development Business and Innovation - Voucher Program
- 2014: State-of-the-Art Facility for Non-destructive Testing of Concrete Infrastructure (N-Detect) *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2013: Climate Adaptation Technology and Engineering for Extreme Events *; Climate Adaption Technology & Engineering for Extreme Events Cluster Management
- 2013: Crushed brick as a supplementary material in cement treated crushed concrete pavement application *; Sustainability Victoria
- 2013: Durability of geopolymer concrete in bridge structures *; ARRB Group Ltd
- 2013: Evaluation of Sarawak fly ash for making geopolymer for construction *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2013: Integrated fire engineering facility for testing structures under combined structural and fire loading *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2013: Microplane material models for grapheme-oxide-reinforced concretes *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2013: Research & Scholarship Agreement - Master by Research, Dwain Frankel *; Australian Technical Approvals
- 2013: Resilient Modulus and Permanent Deformation Response of Waste Dolerite as Wearing Course Material for Haul Roads *; HATCH
- 2013: Structural Assessment of Lighweight Geopolymer Wall Panels *; CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Research Fund
- 2013: Top-up scholarship for Sayanthan Ramakrishnan *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2013: X-ray Microscope Facility for Imaging Geo-materials (XMFIG) *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2012: An advanced macro-scale, hydro-thermo-mechanical testing chamber for sustainable deep geological applications *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2012: Effect of geopolymer cement stabilisation on the fatigue life of pavement sub-bases with recycled demolition aggregates *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2012: Microstructure Characteristics to Structural Performance: The Missing Link in Geopolymers *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2012: Performance based criteria for concrete: Creating pathways for low carbon concrete manufacture with existing standards *; CRC for Low Carbon Living - Grant
- 2012: Phase Change Materials and Cost/Benefits of Adaptation Strategies *; CSIRO Flagship Collaboration Research Fund
- 2011: Hybrid Testing Facility for Structures under Extreme Loads *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2010: Development of leakage resistant well-cements for geo-sequestration of carbon dioxide application using alkali activated slag and geopolymer cements *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display