Dr Joanne Qian
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203 Hawthorn campus
Joanne joined the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne in May 2018.
Prior to that, she had worked in the international development sector overseas and in Australia as a researcher and practitioner. Her project experience covers inclusive finance, financial capability development, livelihoods development, women’s empowerment, poverty reduction, labour and social compliance, and corporate social responsibility, gained while worked with Australian and international NGOs, consulting firms, industry partners, civil society and academics.
Joanne has a PhD in Economics from Monash University and publications in fields of applied economics, economics of education and industrial relations. Interested in program and policy evaluations and impact assessments of social interventions, Joanne has been keen in harnessing research and evaluation findings to support evidence-based decision making.
Social enterprise; Social impact; Applied economics
Also published as: Qian, Joanne; Qian, J.; Qian, Xiaolei; Qian, X.; Qian, J. X.; Qian, Joanne Xiaolei
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Evaluation of the Victorian Employer Enablement Project (VEEP) *; Australian Network on Disability
- 2019: Impact Measurement Framework Support *; Philanthropy Australia
- 2019: Social Cohesion Project *; City of Whittlesea
- 2018: Enabling the Social Enterprise Needs of Westpac Foundation *; Westpac
- 2018: Impact Evaluation Framework *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display