Dr Joanne Qian
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203 Hawthorn campus
Joanne joined the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne in May 2018.
Prior to that, she worked in the international development sector overseas and in Australia with a focus on program design, monitoring and evaluation, and impact assessment. As a researcher and practitioner, her project experience covers inclusive growth, inclusive finance, financial capability development, livelihoods development, women’s empowerment, poverty reduction, labour and social compliance, and corporate social responsibility, gained while worked with Australian and international NGOs, consulting firms, industry partners, civil society and academics.
At CSI, Joanne’s research and project experience focuses on social impact measurement, evaluation approaches and social economy. Interested in program and policy evaluations and impact assessments of social interventions, Joanne has been keen in harnessing research and evaluation findings to support evidence-based decision making.
Social enterprise; Social impact; Applied economics; Evaluation methodology
Fields of Research
- Applied Economics - 140200
- Applied Sociology, Program Evaluation And Social Impact Assessment - 160801
Also published as: Qian, Joanne; Qian, J.; Qian, Xiaolei; Qian, X.; Qian, J. X.; Qian, Joanne Xiaolei
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Evaluation of the Victorian Employer Enablement Project (VEEP) *; Australian Network on Disability
- 2020: Impact Measurement Framework Support *; Philanthropy Australia
- 2020: Inclusion Australia E1 Evidence Pieces *; Inclusion Australia
- 2020: White Box Enterprises Evaluation *; White Box Enterprises
- 2019: Social Cohesion Project *; City of Whittlesea
- 2018: Enabling the Social Enterprise Needs of Westpac Foundation *; Westpac
- 2018: Impact Evaluation Framework *; Lord Mayor's Charitable Fund (LMCF)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display