Associate Professor Jeni Paay
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- FHAD Level 7, 701e Hawthorn campus
Jeni Paay is Associate Professor in Interaction Design. Jeni has a cross-disciplinary background spanning architecture, computer science, and interaction design, and has published widely within the area of Human-Computer Interaction. She returned to Australia to take this position at Swinburne, from Denmark, where she was Associate Professor in Human-Centred Computing at Aalborg University for 7 years. Prior to this, she was Lead Interaction Designer on the “Blended Interaction Spaces” collaborative project between CSIRO Sydney, NICTA Sydney and DSTO Adelaide. Her research and teaching career, spanning 28 years, has been within the overall themes of human computer interaction, user-centred design, design methods, interaction design and user experience design for urban and domestic computing.
Human Computer Interactions; Internet of Things; Service Design; Virtual Design and Prototyping; Ubiquitous Computing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Computer-human Interaction - 080602
- Digital And Interaction Design - 120304
Human Computer Interactions;Visual Design and Prototyping;User Centred Design Methods
- 2008 (current): Associate Editor, International Journal MHCI, Canada
- 2017 (current): Committee Member, Smart Cities Research Institute, Australia
- 2017 (current): Committee Member, Centre for Design Innovation, Australia
- 2018 (current): Committee Member, Swinburne NTRO Committee - Deputy Chair, Australia
- 2006 (current): Reviewer, Journals: IJHCI, CSCW PUC, IwC,IJMHCI , International
- 2006 (current): Reviewer, Conference Papers: CHI, CSCW, MobileHCI, DIS, NordiCHI, PDC, OZCHI, TEI, C&T, International
- 2016 (current): Senior Member, Associate for Computing Machinery, International
- 2013 (current): Assessor, Australian Research Council, Australia
- 2018 (current): Member, Heath Informatics Society of Australia, Australia
Also published as: Paay, Jeni; Paay, J.; Paay, Jeniece
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display