Ms Justine Lomas
- Corporate Services
- Centre for Human Psychopharmacology
Justine Lomas is the coordinator of the Emotional Intelligence Research Unit at Swinburne University of Technology. She is responsible for the planning and implementation of research studies investigating the higher order outcomes of emotional intelligence development in primary and secondary school students.
Ms Lomas oversees all data collection on emotional intelligence with more than 30 schools both nationally and internationally. She is responsible for contributing to the development of research-based, theoretically driven programs aimed at improving emotional intelligence in school aged children and works closely with partner schools to support staff in the implementation of the associated curriculum.
Ms Lomas has also published in the area of emotional intelligence and academic achievement in primary and secondary school students, adolescent bullying behaviours and peer victimisation.
Developmental Psychology; Education
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Educational Psychology - 520102
Developmental Psychology;Social Psychology
Also published as: Lomas, Justine; Lomas, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Aristotle-EI Project (Seymour College) *; SEYMOUR COLLEGE FUND SCHEME
- 2017: Aristotle - Emotional Intelligence project (Overnewton Anglican Community College) (2017) *; Overnewton Anglican Community College Fund Scheme
- 2017: Aristotle - Emotional Intelligence Project (Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School) *; Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School Fund Scheme
- 2017: Aristotle-EI Project (St. Catherine's School) *; St Catherine's School Fund Scheme
- 2017: Aristotle-EI Project (The Knox School) *; The Knox School Fund Scheme
- 2016: Aristotle - Emotional Intelligence Project (Anglican Church Grammar School) *; Anglican Church Grammar School
- 2016: Aristotle - Emotional Intelligence Project (St Paul's Collegiate College) *; St Paul's Collegiate College
- 2016: Aristotle - Emotional Intelligence Project (The Knox School) *; The Knox School Fund Scheme
- 2013: Investigating Emotional Intelligence at Anglican Church Grammar School *; Anglican Church Grammar School
- 2011: Amphetamines and Violence in Police Custody Project *; Victoria Police (for Grants)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display