Dr Jason Pallant
PhD (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Honours degree of Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Arts , Monash University, Australia
Dr Jason Pallant is a Senior Lecturer and Co-Director of the Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research Group at Swinburne University of Technology. Jason has extensive experience combining academic research and practical insights to help brands solve existing and emerging business problems concerning customer experience and emerging technologies. He has published multiple peer-reviewed studies in leading academic journals including the International Journal of Research in Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. His research explores topics including omnichannel retail, consumer facing technologies, and consumer segmentation. Jason has been a Chief Investigator on over 35 externally funded research projects, totalling over $3million of research income.
Jason regularly shares research insights with public and professional audiences as a featured author and judge for Inside Retail, past-host of SHOPOLOGY, and regular commentator for national news outlets. He regularly gives keynote presentations locally and internationally across academic and commercial events ranging from retail trends and best practice, consumer psychology and behaviour, and research methodologies. He has published 16 articles for The Conversation, attracting over 490,000 readers.
Prior to joining Swinburne, Jason was the Associate Director (Research) of the Australian Centre for Retail Studies.
Marketing; Retail; Consumer Behaviour; Consumer Psychology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 350600
- 2018, Swinburne, Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University
- 2015, International, Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper, ANZMAC
- 2014, Other, Dean’s Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research, Monash University
- 2013, Other, Dean's Honours List , Monash University
- 2011, Other, University Medal for Academic Excellence, Monash University
Also published as: Pallant, Jason; Pallant, J. I.; Pallant, Jason I.; Pallant, Jason Ian
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Customer Experience (CX) Measurement Research *; City of Stonnington (for Contracts)
- 2021: Sandhurst Resident Services Research *; Sandhurst Club - Partnership
- 2021: State of MarTech Thought Leadership White Paper *; The Lumery Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
- 2019: Measuring shopping centre customer experience *; Prescient Research
- 2018: Responsible use of data - giving back power to the consumer *; Tel Aviv University - Swinburne Research Collaboration Awards
- 2018: Understanding and preventing customer churn throughout life-stage changes *; Zoos Victoria
- 2017: Future of Retail *; Frasers Property Ltd Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-01-07: A very Covid Christmas - Inside Retail
- 2020-12-07: “We’re for everyone”: How Havaianas is embracing diversity and inclusion - Inside Retail
- 2020-11-12: The key to a great Christmas? Nailing the last mile - Inside Retail
- 2020-10-30: Melbourne makes up for lost time - The Australian
- 2020-10-29: Here’s why Coles’ CEO is optimistic about Christmas trading - Inside Retail
- 2020-10-15: Will the global furniture boom continue into 2021? - Inside Retail
- 2020-09-22: David Jones: Retail flags footprint cut, possible store closures - News.com.au
- 2020-09-21: Aldi under pressure as Coles bumps pay - Inside Retail
- 2020-09-15: Where's my Waitrose? Why swanky supermarkets are rare in Australia - The Guardian
- 2020-09-09: What could Amazon partnership mean for Myer? Look to the US - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-24: Coles reports positive sales but remains cautious - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-24: Coles: Supermarket rolling out three store formats - News.com.au
- 2020-08-05: Restrictions smash Melbourne retail as Australia grapples with COVID and recession - ABC Radio National
- 2020-08-04: How Melbourne retail went dark - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-04: How Melbourne’s retail shutdown will impact e-commerce - Inside Retail
- 2020-07-09: Navigating the move to online retail - Brews News
- 2020-07-09: Solomon Lew’s Premier Investments to shut Melbourne shops, stop rent payments - The Australian
- 2020-05-27: The fall of Target follows a worrying trend - 2SER
- 2020-05-24: ANALYSIS: Target’s decline is part of a deeper trend - AdNews
- 2020-05-18: Supermarkets: An unlikely love story - Inside Retail