Dr Jason Pallant
PhD (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Honours degree of Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Arts , Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1031 Hawthorn campus
Jason is an applied researcher in the areas of consumer journey and decision making, multi-media, and evolving behaviour. He is currently the pillar leader of Service Innovation for the Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research group. His academic research has been published in a variety of outlets including Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the Australasian Journal of Information Systems, and received the ANZMAC Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper award in 2015.
Jason has extensive consulting experience, having previously worked as Associate Director (Research) at the Australian Consumer, Retail, and Services (ACRS) research unit, and as a Research Consultant at Forethought Research. Jason’s previous role included grant applications, research design, data analysis and interpretation and delivery of research findings for Category 3 research grants totalling over $2.4 million.
Jason has experience teaching a range of marketing units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including a number of units taught as flipped classrooms and has been recognized for his teaching excellence. He currently convenes Data Empowered Marketing as part of the Masters of Marketing.
Marketing; Multimedia; Statistics
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 150500
- 2015, International, Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper, ANZMAC
- 2014, Other, Dean’s Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research, Monash University
- 2013, Other, Dean's Honours List , Monash University
- 2011, Other, University Medal for Academic Excellence, Monash University
Also published as: Pallant, Jason; Pallant, J.; Pallant, Jason I.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Renewal Modelling and Segmentation of Sport Consumers *; Collingwood Foodball Club Fund Scheme
- 2018: Responsible use of data - giving back power to the consumer *; Tel Aviv University - Swinburne Research Collaboration Awards
- 2018: The Australian Leadership Index *; SteveGraham
- 2017: Future of Retail *; Frasers Property Ltd Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2019-06-05: McDonald's restaurants in Austria will function as US embassies - ABC Radio
- 2019-04-02: 30 Big W stores to close as shoppers move online - Sunrise (Channel 7)
- 2019-03-21: Bunnings going online - 3AW Radio
- 2019-01-31: New technology is set to transform shopping - ABC Focus
- 2019-01-29: Cole’s delivering with UberEats - 10 News Daily
- 2019-01-25: Myer in discussion with Nike over concessions - Inside Retail
- 2019-01-23: Downsizing: The trick is finding the sweet spot - Inside Retail
- 2019-01-11: Why your grocery shop might be bringing less home - A Current Affair
- 2019-01-10: Are rewards cards and loyalty point schemes worth the effort? - ABC Life
- 2018-10-06: Is Instagram making Australian fashion bland, or saving its life? - ABC News
- 2018-07-30: What’s really driving the future of retail? - The Conversation
- 2018-05-26: The challenges for shopping centres from online shopping - ABC Weekend Breakfast (TV)
- 2018-03-19: The hidden reason Wesfarmers considers flybuys more valuable than Coles - The New Daily
- 2017-10-16: How marketers use algorithms to (try to) read your mind - The Conversation
- 2017-09-04: How shopping centres are changing to fight online shopping - The Conversation
- 2017-02-02: David Jones vs Myer - A Current Affair
- 2017-02-02: Let’s get phygital: How successful retailers blend clicks and bricks - In The Black
- 2017-01-31: Aldi Tester's Club - A Current Affair
- 2017-01-02: Retail Invasion - A Current Affair
- 2016-12-15: Get Across Podcast (Monthy) - Podcast