Dr Jason Pallant
PhD (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Honours degree of Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Arts , Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1031 Hawthorn campus
Jason is an applied researcher in the areas of consumer journey and decision making, multi-media, and evolving behaviour. He is currently the pillar leader of Service Innovation for the Customer Experience and Insight (CXI) Research group. His academic research has been published in a variety of outlets including Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the Australasian Journal of Information Systems, and received the ANZMAC Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper award in 2015.
Jason has extensive consulting experience, having previously worked as Associate Director (Research) at the Australian Consumer, Retail, and Services (ACRS) research unit, and as a Research Consultant at Forethought Research. Jason’s previous role included grant applications, research design, data analysis and interpretation and delivery of research findings for Category 3 research grants totalling over $2.4 million.
Jason has experience teaching a range of marketing units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including a number of units taught as flipped classrooms and has been recognized for his teaching excellence. He currently convenes Data Empowered Marketing as part of the Masters of Marketing.
Marketing; Retail; Consumer Behaviour; Consumer Psychology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 150500
- 2018, Swinburne, Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne University
- 2015, International, Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper, ANZMAC
- 2014, Other, Dean’s Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research, Monash University
- 2013, Other, Dean's Honours List , Monash University
- 2011, Other, University Medal for Academic Excellence, Monash University
Also published as: Pallant, Jason; Pallant, J. I.; Pallant, Jason I.; Pallant, Jason Ian
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2018: Renewal Modelling and Segmentation of Sport Consumers *; Collingwood Football Club Fund Scheme
- 2018: Responsible use of data - giving back power to the consumer *; Tel Aviv University - Swinburne Research Collaboration Awards
- 2018: The Australian Leadership Index *; SteveGraham
- 2017: Future of Retail *; Frasers Property Ltd Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-05-24: ANALYSIS: Target’s decline is part of a deeper trend - AdNews
- 2020-05-18: Supermarkets: An unlikely love story - Inside Retail
- 2020-03-01: Why a squeezed middle class spells trouble - In The Black
- 2020-02-13: 'The Disneyland of retail': How Costco harnesses psychology to get us to buy in bulk - 9 News
- 2020-02-10: The 14 trends to watch in 2020 - Inside Retail
- 2020-01-28: David Jones half year sales dip, though customers show up online - Inside Retail
- 2019-10-15: Retailers break out savvy discount strategies ahead of Black Friday - Inside Retail
- 2019-10-08: Why Coles is following David Jones into food halls - Inside Retail
- 2019-10-03: Coles looks beyond price with first in-store food hall - Inside Retail
- 2019-09-24: Amazon now sells refurbished products in Australia - Inside Retail
- 2019-09-12: Commentary: The death of the department store and a dwindling middle class - Channel News Asia
- 2019-09-03: Shopping habits: Time poor Victorians are making fewer trips to the shops - 3AW
- 2019-08-31: Retail Industry Needs To 'Shake Up', Or Die A Slow Death: Experts - 10Daily
- 2019-08-12: Is The Middle Class Responsible for The Death of Department Stores? - 2SER
- 2019-08-10: Amazon Launchpad - 7News Sydney
- 2019-08-09: The real killer of big stores? Pressure on mid-income family budgets - The Age
- 2019-07-04: Woolworths divests itself of pokies and liquor - 2SER
- 2019-06-05: McDonald's restaurants in Austria will function as US embassies - ABC Radio
- 2019-04-02: 30 Big W stores to close as shoppers move online - Sunrise (Channel 7)
- 2019-03-21: Bunnings going online - 3AW Radio