Associate Professor Jingxin Zhang
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications, Electrical, Robotics and Biomedical Engineering
- EN701e Hawthorn campus
Jingxin Zhang is associate professor and academic director of research training in Swinburne’s School of Software and Electrical Engineering. He also holds the role of adjunct associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Monash University, Australia.
Dr Zhang’s current research interests span signal processing and control in medical imaging, renewal energy and biomedical systems. He is the author and co-author of over 200 research papers and book chapters in the diverse areas of control, signal processing, power systems and medical imaging. He is the first inventor of a provisional international patent on parallel magnetic resonance image reconstruction.
Dr Zhang has led numerous research projects funded by the Australian Research Council, Australian Industry and Natural Science Foundation of China. His academic experience includes research positions in the University of Florence, Italy, the University of Melbourne, and the Cooperative Research Centre for Sensor Signal and Information Processing, Australia, along with senior lecturer positions in the University of South Australia, Deakin University and Monash University. Currently he serves on the editorial boards of The Open Automation and Control Systems Journal and Journal of Applied Mathematics.
Power System stability and control; Smart Grids and Microgrids; Medical Devices and Diagnostics; Automation and Control Systems; Signal and Image Processing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Electrical And Electronic Engineering - 090600
- 1992, National, Award for the Advancement of Science and Technology , China National Education Committee
Also published as: Zhang, Jingxin; Zhang, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: A high-payload, high-fidelity haptically-enabled motion simulation facility *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
- 2013: Brain Computer Interface Using Tablet Computer for Quadriplegic Patients *; ISCRR Development Grant
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display