Associate Professor Jimmy Louie
PhD, USyd, Australia; MNutrDiet, USyd, Australia; BSc(Hons), HKU, Hong Kong
Jimmy is an Associate Professor and Course Director of Dietetics at the Department of Nursing and Allied Health of the Swinburne University of Technology.
A/Prof Louie is a highly accomplished researcher and practitioner in the field of nutrition and dietetics. He has earned the distinction of being an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian and a Fellow of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine, International Academy of Nutrition Educators and Royal Society for Public Health.
Throughout his career, Jimmy has conducted a diverse range of studies and analyses, showcasing his expertise in various areas of nutrition and dietetics research. His work encompasses laboratory-based studies, short-term acute feeding trials, randomized controlled trials, and nutritional epidemiological analyses. This breadth of experience has made him a well-rounded specialist in his field.
Jimmy has made significant contributions to the scientific community, with over 120 manuscripts published in prestigious journals. His publications span a wide range of topics, including cardiology, diabetes, obesity, nutrition, and food science. Some of the notable journals where his work has been featured include Nature Reviews in Cardiology, Diabetes Care, Obesity Reviews, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and Nutrition Reviews. A complete list of his publications and citation statistics can be found at https://tinyurl.com/jimmylouie.
With an impressive h-index of 40, i10 index of 85, and over 4900 citations to his work, Jimmy's impact on the field is evident. His expertise is sought after by renowned journals such as The Lancet, BMJ, and Diabetes Care, where he actively participates in the peer-review process. Additionally, he serves as an Associate/Academic Editor for esteemed journals such as Frontiers in Nutrition, Scientific Reports, BMC Nutrition, Heylion, and Journal of Population, Nutrition and Health.
Nutrition; Public and Environmental Health; Epidemiology; Dietetics; Diabetes; Food Policy
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Public Health Nutrition - 321005
- Nutritional Science - 321004
- Nutrition And Dietetics Not Elsewhere Classified - 321099
- 2023, International, Fellow, International Academy of Nutrition Educators
- 2023, International, Fellow, Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- 2022, International, Fellow, Royal Society for Public Health
- 2022, National, Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, Dietitians Australia
- 2023 (current): Associate Editor, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, International
- 2022 (current): Associate Editor, BMC Nutrition, International
- 2016 (current): Associate Editor, Scientific Reports, International
- 2022 (current): Associate Editor, Frontiers in Nutrition, International
- 2014 - 2020: Associate Editor, Nutrition & Dietetics, Australia
- 2023 (current): Member, Awards and Recognition Committee, Dietitians Australia, Australia
Also published as: Louie, Jimmy; Louie, J.; Louie, Chun Yu; Louie, C.; Louie, J. C.; Louie, J. C. Y.; Louie, Jimmy C. Y.; Louie, Jimmy Chun Yu; Yu Louie, Jimmy Chun
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display