Professor Jarrod Hurley
- School of Science
- Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- SA115 Hawthorn campus
Globular Clusters; GPU and advanced HPC algorithms; Dynamical systems; Advanced Statistics and Big Data; Galaxy Formation; Scientific Computing and Visualisation; Star and Planet Formation
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
A new paradigm of globular cluster formation with multiple stellar populations : Recent developments have revolutionised our viewof globular clusters (GCs), the ancient building blocks of galaxies.This project will construct a new theoretical model for the formation anddynamical evolution of GCs with multiple populations, then use this modelto understand and explain the latest observations of GCs(such as chemical abundances, stellar kinematics and radial structure).
Fields of Research
- Galactic Astronomy - 510104
- 2002, International, Hubble Fellowship, American Museum of Natural History
Also published as: Hurley, Jarrod; Hurley, J.; Hurley, J. R.; Hurley, Jarrod R.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: OzSTAR 1000 OpenStack Virtual Machines (VMs) for the Astronomy Community *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2019: Gravitational Wave Data Centre *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2019: Industry Engagement Seed Grant: Astro-medical Innovation *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2019: Installation of YandaSoft on the OzSTAR supercomputer *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2017: ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery *; ARC Centre of Excellence Scheme
- 2017: Project to support the Astronomy Data and Computing Services under the Astronomy NCRIS Program *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2016: gSTAR Data Management and Collaboration Platform (Variation 2 to Support Operations of gSTAR) *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2015: Murchison Wide Field Array (MWA) ASVO System Analysis and Design *; Curtin University of Technology
- 2014: Support Operations of gSTAR 2013/14 -2014/15 and 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2013: Project to support the operations of gSTAR 2013-2014 under the Collaborative Research Infrastructure Scheme *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2012: All-Sky Virtual Observatory: Theoretical Astrophysical Observatory (TAO) Node and Skymapper Node *; Nectar - External grant
- 2012: The Rosetta Stone of compact stellar systems *; ANSTO Access to Major Research Facilities Program
- 2011: gSTAR Supercomputer Hardware *; Astronomy Australia Limited
- 2011: Massive black holes in dense star clusters *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display