Professor Jinjun Chen
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Jinjun Chen is a Professor from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He is the Deputy Director of Swinburne Data Science Research Institute. He holds a PhD in Information Technology from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His main research interests include distributed computing, e.g. distributed systems, cloud computing, data privacy and security, scalable and efficient data storage and processing in cloud (privacy processing), data systems, and related various research topics. His research results have been published in more than 200 papers in international journals and conferences, including various IEEE/ACM Transactions.
In 2022, Professor Chen was elected as a member of the prestigious Academia Europaea. He has received the 2020 Research Excellence Award (School of Software and Electrical Engineering, Swinburne); UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Highly Commended (2014), UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Finalist (2013), Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Research Award (ECR) (2008), IEEE Computer Society Outstanding Leadership Award (2008-2009) and (2010-2011), IEEE Computer Society Service Award (2007), Swinburne Faculty of ICT Research Thesis Excellence Award (2007). He served as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, ACM Computing Surveys, as well as other journals such as Journal of Computer and System Sciences, Concurrency and Computatin: Practice and Experience. He was the Chair of IEEE Computer Society’s Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Cloud Computing - 460601
- Distributed Systems And Algorithms - 460605
- Mobile Computing - 460608
- Hardware Security - 460405
- System And Network Security - 460407
- Data Security And Protection - 460403
- Software And Application Security - 460406
Also published as: Chen, Jinjun; Chen, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Effective privacy protection for smart metering data on cloud *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Effective and efficient protection of personal privacy in big personal data *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Secure and efficient data leak prevention on cloud *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: Transforming Uncertainty Quantification into Deep Learning with Application on Robust Medical Image Diagnosis (Student Wen Xu) *; DATA61
- 2017: BigPrivacy: Scaling privacy preservation for big data applications on cloud *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Cost efficient scheduling of big data application workflows on cloud through information correlation *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2011: Cost effective storage of massive intermediate data in cloud computing applications *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2010: Novel cloud computing based workflow technology for managing large numbers of process instances *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display