Professor Jinjun Chen
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Dr Jinjun Chen is a Professor from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He is the Deputy Director of Swinburne Data Science Research Institute, and Director of Swinburne Big Data Lab. He holds a PhD in Information Technology from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His research interests include scalability, big data, data science, software systems, cloud computing, data privacy and security, and related various research topics. His research results have been published in more than 130 papers in international journals and conferences, including various IEEE/ACM Transactions.
He received UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Highly Commended (2014), UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Finalist (2013), Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Research Award (ECR) (2008), IEEE Computer Society Outstanding Leadership Award (2008-2009) and (2010-2011), IEEE Computer Society Service Award (2007), Swinburne Faculty of ICT Research Thesis Excellence Award (2007). He is an Associate Editor for ACM Computing Surveys, IEEE Transactions on Big Data, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, as well as other journals such as Journal of Computer and System Sciences, JNCA. He is the Chair of IEEE Computer Society’s Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC).
Please refer to my personal website for more information - http://www.swinflow.org/~jchen/.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Pattern Recognition And Data Mining - 080109
- Software Engineering - 080309
- Database Management - 080604
Also published as: Chen, Jinjun; Chen, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: BigPrivacy: Scaling privacy preservation for big data applications on cloud *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2011: Cost effective storage of massive intermediate data in cloud computing applications *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2010: Novel cloud computing based workflow technology for managing large numbers of process instances *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display