Professor Jinjun Chen
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr Jinjun Chen is a Professor from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. He is the Deputy Director of Swinburne Data Science Research Institute. He holds a PhD in Information Technology from Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His main research interests include Distributed computing, e.g. distributed systems, cloud computing, service oriented computing, privacy and security, mobile computing, scalable data processing and management, data systems, and related various research topics. His research results have been published in more than 180 papers in international journals and conferences, including various IEEE/ACM Transactions.
He received UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Highly Commended (2014), UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence Finalist (2013), Swinburne Vice-Chancellor’s Research Award (ECR) (2008), IEEE Computer Society Outstanding Leadership Award (2008-2009) and (2010-2011), IEEE Computer Society Service Award (2007), Swinburne Faculty of ICT Research Thesis Excellence Award (2007). He served as an Associate Editor for ACM Computing Surveys, IEEE Transactions on Big Data, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, as well as other journals such as Journal of Computer and System Sciences. He was the Chair of IEEE Computer Society’s Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Distributed And Grid Systems - 080501
- Computer System Security - 080303
- Mobile Technologies - 080502
Also published as: Chen, Jinjun; Chen, J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Effective and efficient protection of personal privacy in big personal data *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Secure and efficient data leak prevention on cloud *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2019: Transforming Uncertainty Quantification into Deep Learning with Application on Robust Medical Image Diagnosis (Student Wen Xu) *; DATA61
- 2018: Smart Chips for Artificial Intelligence *; Huaao Optical Technology Trust Fund Scheme
- 2017: BigPrivacy: Scaling privacy preservation for big data applications on cloud *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Cost efficient scheduling of big data application workflows on cloud through information correlation *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2011: Cost effective storage of massive intermediate data in cloud computing applications *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2010: Novel cloud computing based workflow technology for managing large numbers of process instances *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display