Dr Ivan Maksymov
Dr Ivan Maksymov studied at Kharkov (Ukraine) physics school founded by the Nobel prize laureate Lev Landau. He is an Australian Research Council Future Fellow. Ivan is an enthusiastic theoretical and experimental physicist with expertise in nonlinear optics and nanophotonics, solid state physics, magnetism and magneto-optics, acoustics and photoacoustics, fluid and continuum mechanics, and biophysics.
Biophotonics; Nanophotonics; Optical Fibre Sensors
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Nanobiophotonics and acoustics:
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Classical And Physical Optics - 510302
- Photonics, Optoelectronics And Optical Communications - 510204
- Acoustics And Acoustical Devices; Waves - 510301
Also published as: Maksymov, Ivan; Maksymov, I.; Maksymov, I. S.; Maksymov, Ivan S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: INT - 1163 Develop IoT telemetry system to remotely monitor mobile wheelchair lifters *; Norden Body Works Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
- 2018: Nonlinear optical effects with low-power non-laser light *; ARC Future Fellowships
* Chief Investigator
- 2020-09-18: Alligator on gas snaps up Ig Nobel prize - BBC News
- 2020-09-18: Frozen poo and narcissists' eyebrows studies win Ig Nobel prizes - The Guardian
- 2020-09-18: How a drunk vibrating worm landed Australia a global science prize - The Australian
- 2020-09-18: How a drunk vibrating worm landed Australia a global science prize - News.com.au
- 2020-09-18: Melbourne academics win Ig Nobel prize for research showing worms vibrate like water - The Guardian
- 2020-09-18: Whacky research linking bold eyebrows to narcissism awarded Ig Nobel prize - ABC News