Associate Professor Hui Hu
PhD, Tsinghua University, China
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- AD201d Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Associate Professor Hui Hu’s research interests are in ultracold quantum atomic gases and statistical mechanics, most recently focusing on problems in topological superfluid states of spin-orbit coupled Fermi gases. His research has made contributions to the theory of quantum liquids, including strongly interacting Fermi gases and Bose-Einstein condensates. His research is mainly supported by the ARC.
Dr Hu received his PhD degree from Tsinghua University, Beijing, in 2001. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at ICTP (Trieste) and SNS (Pisa) from 2001-2004 and was a Chair Professor of AMO physics at Renmin University of China from 2006-2009. In 2016, he was elected a Fellow of the American Physical Society (FAPS).
Dr. Hu has published over 170+ peer-reviewed scientific papers including one Science, two Nature Physics and 30 Physical Review Letters. These publications have attracted over 5,400+ citations from ISI Web of Science, leading to a Hirsch h-index h=42. For updated metrics, see, https://publons.com/researcher/2858719/hui-hu/.
A collection of publications can also be found in Google Scholar, which typically records higher citations due to its larger database. To date, Dr. Hu has received 7,300+ Google Scholar citations and a Google Scholar h-index of 46 (https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=Uq7g2VAAAAAJ&hl=en).
Ultracold Quantum Gases
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Degenerate Quantum Gases And Atom Optics - 510801
- 2016, International, Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS), Swinburne University
- 2013, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Research Excellence Award, Swinburne University
- 2013, National, ARC Future Fellowship, Swinburne University
- 2008, National, ARC QEII Fellowship, Swinburne University
Also published as: Hu, Hui; Hu, H.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Many-Body Localisation of Ultracold Fermionic Atoms in a Dirty Flat Land *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2014 - Assist Prof Shina Tan *; Visiting Researcher Scheme
- 2013: Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012 - Pu *; Research Advisory Group- Visiting Researcher Scheme 2012
- 2012: Thermodynamics and dynamics of ultracold dipolar Fermi gases *; Overseas, Hong Kong & Macao Scholars Collaboration Research Fund
- 2009: Ultracold atomic Fermi gases in the strongly interacting regime: A new frontier of quantum many-body physics *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display