Dr Gordon Campbell
Ph.D., Swinburne University, Australia; • Master of Marketing , Monash University, Australia; • Bachelor of Commerce , University of Melbourne, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA1042 Hawthorn campus
Gordon was awarded his PhD Doctorate in September 2018. The Thesis describes his study of the development of gay men's attitudes, behaviours and loyalties regarding safe/unsafe sex. In his study Gordon collected and analysed the autobiographical life histories of 16 gay men using the Narrative Inquiry method. The Contributions to knowledge are inthe areas of social marketing and the psychology of health behaviours.Gordon has extensive academic teaching experience in marketing and advertising at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels at Swinburne, Monash, RMIT, Deakin and La Trobe Universities. Prior to commencing his academic career Gordon had extensive executive experience at Eastman Kodak Company. Most recently he has held positions as Marketing Manager (Film) for Greater Asia Region, Marketing Manager for Kodak Processing in Australia, and Product Manager (Film) in Australia. Gordon has extensive experience in developing and implementing Integrated Marketing Communications and Marketing plans across Asia (including the launch of Kodak MAX film) and in Australia. Earlier in his Kodak career he was involved in the development of the Kodak Express retail chain, Customer Relations, Logistics and Distribution.
Social impact; Brand Loyalty, Management of public health and social issue behaviours.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 150500
Marketing; Management, Consumer Behaviour, Fundamentals.
- 2014, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award, Faculty of Business and Law, Swiburne University of Technology
- 2009, Swinburne, Corporate Citizenship Award, Faculty of Business and Enterprise, Swiburne University of Technology
- 2000 (current): Committee Member, Motafrenz Car Club (GLBITQ), Australia
- 2010 - 2012: President, Motafrenz Car Club (GLBITQ), Australia
- 2008 (current): Chair, Victorian AIDS Council, Area Leader for Richmond Group, Community Support Program, Australia
- 1994 (current): Life Member, Victorian AIDS Council, Australia
- 2000 (current): Life Member, Motafrenz Car Club (GLBITQ), Australia
- 2008 (current): Member, The Australian Market and Social Research Society, Australia
- 1990 (current): Fellow, Australian Marketing Institute, Certified Practising Marketer, Australia
Also published as: Campbell, Gordon; Campbell, G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display