Dr Farshid Maghool
PhD, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Master of Engineering (Civil) (Honours), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- AMDC102 Hawthorn campus
Construction Materials; Geotechnical Engineering
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Civil Geotechnical Engineering - 090501
- 2018, National, Highly Commended Award for Excellence in Sustainability: Chemical and granular stabilisation of pavements using recycled materials, Australian Pavement and Recycling Association (Auststab)
- 2018, Swinburne, FSET Researcher Awards, Research Supporter of the Year 2018 (Commendation), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, National, Finalist for the Research Impact Award, Australian Road Research Board (ARRB)
- 2016, National, Winner Postgraduate Global Environmental Sustainability (GES) Award, Rotary Club of Balwyn
- 2016, International, Best Paper Award , 6th International Conference on Geotechnique, Construction Materials and Environment (GEOMATE)
- 2017 (current): Committee Member, Australian Geomechanics Society, Australia
- 2011 (current): Member, Australian Geomechanics Society, Australia
- 2010 (current): Member, Institution of Engineers, Australia
- 2018 (current): Member, as a Consultant B for the Swinburne University Geotechnical Laboratory, Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Association (AustStab), Australia
Also published as: Maghool, F.; Maghool, Farshid; Maghoolpilehrood, F.; Mahghoolpilehrood, Farshid
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Foamed bitumen stabilisation of pavements using glass fines and plastics *; Fulton Hogan Ltd
- 2019: Performance and Design Life of Equine Air and Polyurethane Topped Flexiroc Pavement as a Base for Various Sporting Fields *; Turf One Pty. Ltd.
- 2019: Recycled glass with brick/concrete blends in municipal pavement applications *; Sustainability Victoria
- 2018: The effect of curing regime on the engineering behaviour of polymer-stabilized granular material for use in lagoon-base of manmade surf parks *; URBNSURF Developments (Melbourne) Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display