Dr Abdur Rahim Mohammad Forkan
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN 705 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Forkan is a Senior Research Fellow in the Digital Innovation Lab of Swinburne. He also holds an honorary researcher position in Peter Maccallum Cancer Centre and Northern Health. He is working in the area of applied artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). He developed and delivered digital technology solutions addressing industry challenges in several research domains (Digital Health, Industry 4.0, FinTech, AgriTech, Supply Chain, E-Learning). He contributed more than a dozen of industry research projects with the focus on digital innovation and translation and achieved research outcomes with impacts. His developed Ai solutions are applied in healthcare to produce health outcomes, in manufacturing to improve productivity, in agriculture to minimise parasitic disease outbreaks, in financial advice to reduce time in regulatory document validation, and overall reduce costs in several application areas to make industries globally competitive. His research interests include data science, health informatics, pervasive computing, and applied AI.
Dr. Forkan obtained his PhD in Computer Science from RMIT University, Australia in 2016. In his PhD thesis, he worked biomedical data analytics and developed a cloud-based, predictive and context-aware system for Ambient Assisted Living environments. He has published in top-ranked journals and conferences. He received RMIT CSIT publication award in 2015. He also worked as a Sessional Academic at RMIT University and Swinburne University and conducted several courses in the area of cloud computing, programming, data analytics, data visualisation, mobile app development and software engineering.
Dr. Forkan obtained his B.Sc. degree in computer science and engineering (CSE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh in 2007. He worked as Senior Software Engineer in Relisoruce Technologies Ltd, a leading USA-based software outsourcing company in Bangladesh for 5 years. There he worked on different software projects for world-renown companies such as Warner Brother’s, MEI Group, and Electronic Arts.
Machine Learning; Digital Health; Ubiquitous Computing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Health Informatics And Information Systems - 420308
- Data Mining And Knowledge Discovery - 460502
- Pervasive Computing - 460809
Cloud Computing;Data Visualisation;Database Systems;Software Engineering
- 2015, Other, CSIT Publication Award, RMIT University
- 2012, Other, NICTA Research Scholarship, National ICT Australia (NICTA)
Also published as: Forkan, Abdur; Forkan, A.; Forkan, A. R. M.; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Md.; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Mohamad; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Mohammad; Mohammad Forkan, Abdur Rahim
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: ?GENIE?: A virtual clinical platform empowering equitable access to optimal care for individuals living with genetic disorders *; Digital Health CRC
- 2021: An IoT solution for measuring knife sharpness and force in Red Meat Processing plants *; All Energy Pty Ltd - Fund Scheme
- 2021: Design and Development of Navigator Mobile Application for Northern Health *; Northern Health
- 2021: Digital platform for tracking home COVID-19 test results *; GRETALS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
- 2021: Research and Development of a Solution for Question/Answer Generation and Assessment from Video using Natural Language Processing *; VidVersity Fund Scheme
- 2020: A low-cost labeling solution for product authentication *; iMOVECRC
- 2020: Development of Proof-of-Concept AI-based solution for SoA (Statement of Advice) Assessment *; Fourth Line
- 2019: Connected roads ? Road safety data and analysis *; iMOVECRC
- 2018: Development of a deep-learning based solution for detecting corrosion in industrial assets using images captured from drones *; Robonomics AI
- 2018: Improving oral medication adherence and reducing medication errors in cancer treatment *; Victorian Cancer Agency Funding Scheme
- 2017: Assisted Living Anomaly Detection Project *; SP TechSolutions
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display