Dr Abdur Rahim Mohammad Forkan
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Swinburne Research
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- AMDC 205.5 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Forkan is an early career researcher working in the area of digital health and data analytics. He is currently a Senior Research Engineer (Software and Data Analytics) in Digital Innovation Lab of Swinburne Innovation precinct. His research interests include health informatics, ubiquitous computing, data science, cloud computing and applied machine learning. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from RMIT University, Australia in 2016. In his PhD thesis he worked biomedical data analytics and developed a cloud-based, predictive and context-aware system for Ambient Assisted Living environments. He proposed learning techniques for detecting and predicting clinical abnormalities through using context correlations and data mining. The results contribute a scalable model that provides versatile context-aware services using appropriate machine-learning models. He has published in top-ranked journals and conferences. He received RMIT CSIT publication award in 2015.
Prior to joining Swinburne University he worked as Research Associate in RMIT University in a project funded by Geo-Science Australia and developed a system for spatial analytics. He is also a Sessional Academic in RMIT University for 6 years and conducted several courses in the area of cloud computing, programming, data analytics and software engineering.
Dr. Forkan obtained his B.Sc. degree in computer science and engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh in 2007. He worked as Software Engineer in Relisoruce Technologies Ltd, a leading USA-based software outsourcing company in Dhaka, Bangladesh from 2007 to 2012. There he worked in different software projects for world-renown companies such as Warner Brother’s, MEI Group, and Electronic Arts.
Cloud Computing; Machine Learning; Digital Health; Ubiquitous Computing
Fields of Research
- Pattern Recognition And Data Mining - 080109
- Health Informatics - 080702
Cloud Computing;Database Systems;Software Engineering
- 2015, Other, CSIT Publication Award, RMIT University
- 2012, Other, NICTA Research Scholarship, National ICT Australia (NICTA)
Also published as: Forkan, Abdur; Forkan, A.; Forkan, A. R. M.; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Md.; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Mohamad; Forkan, Abdur Rahim Mohammad
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Connected roads Road safety data and analysis *; iMOVECRC
- 2018: Development of a deep-learning based solution for detecting corrosion in industrial assets using images captured from drones *; Robonomics AI
- 2018: Improving oral medication adherence and reducing medication errors in cancer treatment *; Victorian Cancer Agency Funding Scheme
- 2017: Assisted Living Anomaly Detection Project *; SP TechSolutions
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display