Dr Eryadi Masli
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1124 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Eryadi K. Masli believes in the nexus of research, teaching and industry. He is an active researcher. His research is multi-disciplinary, and his current research interests include financing new ventures, frugal innovation, financial inclusion and corporate sustainability assessments. He has published in top-tier academic journals, such as Journal of Cleaner Production, Multinational Business Review, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, etc. He co-authored 3 books (published by Routledge), include Frugal Innovation and the New Product Development Process: Insights from Indonesia. Eryadi has completed a project, working with partners in six countries, exploring IIAs (integrated impact assessments) within ASEAN. The project was funded by AusAID’s Public Sector Linkages Program Grant (for over $1.1 million). Currently, he is supervising 10 PhD students, and 3 have completed their doctoral study in the past 3 years.
At Swinburne's School of Business, Law and Entrepreneurship (SoBLE), Dr Masli, a Senior Lecturer at Entrepreneurship and Innovation, has taught and convened Marketing Innovation Management; Asia - Business Context (undergraduate as well as postgraduate) and 2 capstones courses (Advanced Innovative Business Practice; Industry Consulting Project) for third year undergraduate students. Currently, he is convening and teaching two core units of Entrepreneurship & Innovation (Start-up Funding and Investments for undergraduate; Venture in Action for postgraduate). His innovative “learning by doing” teaching approach has earned him numerous teaching awards, at school, university, and international level. He has taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Thammasat University and Assumption University, Bangkok (Thailand). Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English, he is a Visiting Professor at the University of Brawijaya’s Faculty of Administrative Sciences in Malang (Indonesia).
Before entering academia, Eryadi worked as an equity analyst and investment banker in Thailand and Singapore for 12 years, advising companies on a wide range of corporate finance. He has experience in IPO (Initial Public Offerings); convertible note, syndicated loan and bill of exchange issuance; corporate M&A; and private and public equity offerings. In addition to his investment banking background, Dr. Masli is the co-founder and director for 2 spin-off emerging growth technology start-ups (mDetect; SensFit Technologies). Since 2015, Dr. Masli has been the Principal Advisor at the Ministry of Science and Technology’s National Agency for Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization Development (NATEC) in Vietnam. He was formerly Deputy Head of Group – Strategy, International Business and Entrepreneurship (SIBE); and Program Coordinator for the Bachelor of Commerce (International Business) at Swinburne Business School.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Entrepreneurship - 350704
- Finance - 350202
- Innovation Management - 350705
- Technology Management - 350307
- 2023, Swinburne, Recipient - Swinburne Research Ecosystem Seed Grants, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2023, Swinburne, Recipient - SoBLE Small Grant Scheme, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2023, International, 2nd Place Winner - Asia-Pacific Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year (Individual), Triple E (Entrepreneurship and Engagement Excellence) Awards in Higher Education - ACEEU (Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial & Engaged Universities)
- 2022, Swinburne, Winner - Vice-Chancellor's Future-Focused Award (Team), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2022, National, First Runner-up - Research Commercialisation Award (Team), Australian Financial Review
- 2022, International, Certificate of Merit; Finalist - The 8th Innovation & Entrepreneurship Teaching Excellence Awards, European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 2021, Swinburne, Winner - Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award (Individual) - Higher Education, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2021, Swinburne, Winner - School of Business, Law and Entrepreneurship; Teaching Excellence Award (Individual), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2021, Swinburne, Recipient - Adobe Innovation Grant, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2020, Swinburne, Winner - Faculty of Business and Law; Teaching Excellence Award (Team), Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Masli, Eryadi; Masli, E.; Masli, E. K.; Masli, Eryadi K.; Masli, Eryadi Kordi
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Research on the inclusive design market *; ABILITY WORKS AUSTRALIA LTD FUND SCHEME
- 2016: Increasing sustainable and ethical supply chains in the Indo-Pacific *; FAIRTRADE
- 2015: Integrating sustainability reporting into global value chains *; Global Reporting initiative
- 2015: Sustainability Assessments: An Investigation of the Sustainability Practices of Organisations in Sarawak *; Melbourne-Sarawak Research Collaboration Scheme
- 2012: Impact Assessments: Maximising the development value of inward FDI for local communities *; AusAID Public Sector Linkages Program
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display