Dr Damon Alexander
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Social Sciences
- 400B205 Hawthorn campus
Damon Alexander completed his PhD at Monash University in 2006 examining Pauline Hanson's One Nation and the Far Right in Australia and lectures in public policy and Australian politics. Prior to joining Swinburne Damon worked as a Senior Research Fellow at the Melbourne School of Government and the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Melbourne. His research interests cover a broad range of areas including public policy decision making; policy design and innovation; civic and political engagement; rural politics; and right-wing populism and extremism. Damon's most recent publication is Damon Alexander and Jenny M. Lewis (eds)(2015)Making Public Policy Decisions: Expertise, Skills and Experience. London: Routledge.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Principal Coordinating Supervisor students as Masters & Doctoral Supervision.
Fields of Research
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- Political Science - 160600
- 1998, National, Australian Postgraduate Scholaship, Monash University
Also published as: Alexander, Damon; Alexander, D.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Stewarding thin markets: improving public sector market effectiveness *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator