Dr Dimitrios Salampasis
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1232 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Dimitrios Salampasis is the Director, Master of Financial Technologies (MFinTech), Financial Technologies Innovation Program Leader at the Swinburne Data Science Research Institute, Senior Associate, Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA) and Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Swinburne Business School, Swinburne University of Technology. Prior joining academia, Dimitrios worked in the management consulting industries being involved in global advisory and consulting activities on emerging market investing assisting companies in developing long-term strategic focus and sustainable market business strategies. Dimitrios has published in international peer-reviewed academic journals and books and his work has been presented in major international conferences and invited keynote speeches and lectures around the world. His research interests revolve around the organisational, human, technological and societal sides of innovation and open innovation in financial services and FinTech innovation. He is particularly interested in algorithmic and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled financial advice, management of emerging technologies and tech-enabled business models, as well as, FinTech education and curriculum development and regulatory sandboxes for FinTech entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship; Innovation; Human Computer Interactions
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Financial Institutions (incl. Banking) - 150203
- Entrepreneurship - 150304
- Innovation And Technology Management - 150307
Also published as: Salampasis, Dimitrios; Salampasis, D.; Salampasis, D. G.; Salampasis, Dimitrios G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Application of Blockchain in port supply chains - Student J Decolongon *; iMOVECRC
- 2018: Autonomous Vehicle Technology along the Supply Chain: Emerging Implications for the Insurance Marketplace *; iMOVECRC
- 2017: Whats your Story? Social entrepreneurship(Request for quote) *; City of Port Phillip
* Chief Investigator
- 2019-11-15: The importance of education on the evolution and business impact of financial technology - Interview
- 2019-09-08: On Fintech: An interview with Dimitrios Salampasis - Interview
- 2019-05-08: How Australian investors should navigate Asia's fintech race - Newspaper
- 2019-01-21: Greek brain drain is inevitable - Newspaper
- 2017-09-07: Fotis Tsiouklas is only 17 years old and yet his business performance would be envied by his more experienced colleagues. - Radio
- 2017-06-06: An Idea is Not Enough - Radio