Dr Dimitrios Salampasis
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1118 Hawthorn campus
Dr. Dimitrios Salampasis is the Director, Master of Financial Technologies, FinTech Capability Leader and Senior Lecturer of FinTech Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Swinburne School of Business, Law and Entrepreneurship. Dimitrios is a Visiting Professor of FinTech at the University of Québec at Rimouski, Canada, a Blockchain and FinTech Fellow at the Singapore University of Social Sciences, a Visiting Faculty at the School of Management in Fribourg, Switzerland and an Academic Council Member of the Global FinTech Institute. Dimitrios is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Senior Associate within the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and a member of the CPA Australia Digital Transformation Centre of Excellence.
Dimitrios is the recipient of the 2022 Innovation Excellence Award by the Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the 2021 Blockchain Educator of the Year Award by Blockchain Australia and the 2021 Swinburne University Vice Chancellor's Engagement Award - Industry Engagement (Individual).
Dimitrios is the co-investigator and co-leader (education cluster) of the Algorand Centre of Excellence-SIP (Sustainability Informatics for the Pacific), a multi-university project advancing blockchain research and education in environmental, governmental and social sustainability in the Pacific Region program led by Monash University.
Prior joining academia, Dimitrios worked in the management consulting industries being involved in global advisory and consulting activities on emerging market investing assisting companies in developing long-term strategic focus and sustainable market business strategies.
Dimitrios publishes in international peer-reviewed academic journals and books and his work is regularly presented in major international conferences and invited keynote speeches and lectures around the world.
Dimitrios’ research interests revolve around the organizational, human, technological and ESG sides of innovation and open innovation in financial services and FinTech innovation. His areas of specialist expertise, research, teaching, industry engagement, policy and advisory work revolve around the emergence and development of FinTech-enabled business models, Blockchain and digital assets responsible innovation, corporate sustainability and human rights, quantum computing for business, digital transformation in banking and FinTech education, along with the relevant global FinTech-related regulatory and policy interventions.
Dimitrios is regularly involved in advisory work with key private, public and governmental stakeholders of the Australian and international FinTech and broader business ecosystem. Dimitrios has a strong media presence in Australia and abroad.
Dimitrios is a true global citizen having worked/live/studied in Greece, Norway, France, Luxembourg, Finland, USA and Australia. Dimitrios is a dual citizen of Australia and Greece.
FinTech; Embedded Finance; Blockchain; Quantum Computing; Innovation and Technology Management; Open Innovation
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Financial Institutions (incl. Banking) - 350204
- Entrepreneurship - 350704
- Technology Management - 350307
- Innovation Management - 350705
- 2022, National, Innovation Excellence Award , Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 2021, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Engagement Award - Industry Engagement (Individual), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2021, Swinburne, Commendation for teaching excellence, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2021, National, Blockchain Educator of the Year , Blockchain Australia
Also published as: Salampasis, Dimitrios; Salampasis, D.; Salampasis, D. G.; Salampasis, Dimitrios G.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Application of Blockchain in port supply chains - Student *; iMOVECRC
- 2019: Scoping Study for AtlasTrend *; AtlasTrend Pty Ltd
- 2018: Autonomous Vehicle Technology along the Supply Chain: Emerging Implications for the Insurance Marketplace *; iMOVECRC
- 2017: What?s your Story? Social entrepreneurship (Request for quote) *; City of Port Phillip
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-09-29: • Dr Dimitrios Salampasis: China bans cryptocurrency. Startup Daily TV Show. Ausbiz - Television
- 2021-09-24: Bitcoin’s growing roots in unstable economies - Newspaper
- 2021-09-17: Canva’s success masks national innovation shortfall - Newspaper
- 2021-09-08: Dr Dimitrios Salampasis: El Salvador adopting Bitcoin as a legal tender - Television
- 2021-08-24: Covid Has Accelerated the Speed of Change Within Australia’s Regtech Ecosystem; Report Finds - Media Article
- 2021-08-20: Covid-19 forcing the fast growth of the Australian regtech sector - Media Article
- 2021-08-16: Embedded finance – how FinTechs seamlessly enhance customer experience - Media Article
- 2021-07-22: Dr Dimitrios Salampasis: Taxation and Cryptocurrencies - Television
- 2021-04-20: Creating the blockchain workforce of the future - Radio
- 2020-08-18: Will universities turn to a tiered subscription model for education? - Newspaper
- 2020-08-04: Bonus content - extended interview with Dr Dimitrios Salampasis - PodCast
- 2020-07-25: Australia’s purse strings: Top economists analyse post-COVID-19 world - Newspaper
- 2019-11-15: The importance of education on the evolution and business impact of financial technology - Interview
- 2019-10-17: IBM builds AI subject for Swinburne’s FinTech students - Media Article
- 2019-10-15: • Swinburne and IBM equip FinTech students to thrive in a world of AI - Media Article
- 2019-09-08: On Fintech: An interview with Dimitrios Salampasis - Interview
- 2019-07-05: Leading FinTech Revolution - Media Article
- 2019-05-15: University pioneers ‘master of fintech’ - Media Article
- 2019-05-13: Swinburne and Bendigo Bank establish Fintech degree - Media Article
- 2019-05-12: Swinburne joins forces with Bendigo Bank to establish first-ever FinTech postgraduate degree - Media Article