Associate Professor Deirdre Barron
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Design
- Centre for Design Innovation
- Department of Communication Design and Digital Media Design
- AMDC209 Hawthorn campus
Deirdre has a background in education and holds a PhD in Education from Deakin University. Her primary research area is education policy and pedagogy with a particular focus on research training and supervision. Other areas include environmental education and communities of practice. Deirdre has been the project coordinator for four successfully completed HEEP and EIP funded projects. These projects have focused on needs analysis of stakeholders in an educational setting. Currently she holds an ARC Linkage Grant for a project tilted The School: Designing a dynamic venue for the new knowledge environment. This project focuses on the nature of design and the nature of education and the ways in which children are taught in our educational institutions, while making links to industry, government planning and community needs through the collaboration with the industry partners.
Education policy and pedagogy; design research training and supervision; Desiging a dynamic venue for the new knowledge environment.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Design History And Theory - 120301
- Specialist Studies In Education - 130300
- Policy And Administration - 160500
- 2002, Other, Faculty of Education: Thesis of the year, Deakin University
Also published as: Barron, Deirdre; Barron, D.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2009: Victorian Schools Plan Exemplar *; Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Construction Innovation
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display