Professor Chengfei Liu
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- EN511d Hawthorn campus
Professor Chengfei Liu is leader of Swinburne’s Web and Data Engineering research group and the focus area leader of Knowledge and Data Intensive Systems in Swinburne’s tier-1 Centre for Computing and Engineering Software Systems (SUCCESS).
Professor Liu’s current research interests include web data management
(keyword queries, uncertain data, query processing, view rewriting, stream data and query relaxation), advanced database systems (big data management, graph data management, keyword searches on graph data, query refinement and data provenance, RDF databases) and workflows (artifact-centric models, web service transactions, collaborative business processes, and business process views).
Prior to joining Swinburne, Professor Liu taught in the School of Computer and Information Science at University of South Australia, the School of Computing Sciences at University of Technology, Sydney, and was a senior research scientist at the Cooperative Research Centre for Distributed Systems Technology (DSTC) at the University of Queensland. He has also held visiting positions at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the University of Aizu in Japan, and the IBM Silicon Valley Lab in the US.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Data Format - 080400
- Artificial Intelligence And Image Processing - 080100
- Information Systems - 080600
Also published as: Liu, Chengfei; Liu, C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Searching Cohesive Subgraphs in Big Attributed Graph Data *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2019: Personalised Online Learning Analytics by Exploring Multilayer Graph Data *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2017: Biclique Discovery in Big Data *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2016: Identifying and Tracking Influential Events in Large Social Networks *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2016: Virtual environments for improved enterprise software deployment *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2014: On Effectively Answering Why and Why-not Questions in Databases *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2012: On Effectively Modelling and Efficiently Discovering Communities from Large Networks *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2011: Effective and Efficient Keyword Search for Relevant Entities over XML Data *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2010: Novel cloud computing based workflow technology for managing large numbers of process instances *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display