Dr Chandana Hewege
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- BA1123 Hawthorn campus
Dr Chandana Hewege holds a PhD in Management from the Monash University, a Master of Business Administration Degree and a BSc.(Bus Admn) Honours Degree from the University of Sri J'pura, Sri Lanka. Chandana's academic and professional experiences are predominantly centered on teaching, research and industry consultancy. He has published about 45 referred research papers and referred conference papers. Chandana's academic research encompasses a wide spectrum of research areas such as corporate social responsibility, management controls of transitional economies, marketing, logistics, international business and research methodology. Chandana is accredited as a teacher in higher education by the Staff Education and Development Association, United Kingdom (SEDA, UK). He possesses about 20 years of teaching experience undergraduate and postgraduate, and local as well as overseas. Chandana has won several awards for his academic and research excellence, including the best critical literature review award, Department of Management, Monash University; Emerald Literati Award-Social Responsibility Journal 2017; the Teaching Execellence Award by the Faculty of Business & Law, Swinburne University of Technology: the best reviewer 2007 award, Contemporary Management Research Journal; and the best student Gold Medal award, Department of Business Administration, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka. Chandana served the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) journal ranking panel in 2013 for Marketing,Tourism, Logistics and commercial services research areas.
Management control and governance issues of international firms in transitional societies; Corporate social responsibility; Supply chain and logistics; Actual vs Virtual issues in the Global marketplace; Organisational and consumer level responses to climate change-related issues; Critical research in international business; Research methodologies; Pedagogical practices
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Dynamics of customer loyalty within a highly regulated industry context: An exploration of the triadic interplay among the Seller, Buyer and the Regulator in the Telecommunications Industry
Management control issues of transitional societies
Purchase behaviour of microcredit in bottom of pyramid markets: the case of war-affected youth in Sri Lanka
Supply chain member relationships and their performance outcomes in the Victorian organic fruit and vegetable industry
Fields of Research
- International Business - 150308
- Logistics And Supply Chain Management - 150309
- Commerce, Management, Tourism And Services Not Elsewhere Classified - 159999
Managing the global marketplace, International Business, Global Logistics and Supply Chains
- 2016, International, Program Management Excellence Award- Global Leadership Program, Norhteastern Unviersity, Boston, USA
- 2016, International, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence: Research Paper entitled 'Elderly consumers' sensitivity to corporate social performance' published in Social Responsibility Journal being selected by the journal’s editorial team as a Highly Commended paper , Emerald Publishing
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor's Global Initiatives Team Award, Swinburne
- 2013, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award- Faculty of Business & Law, Swinburne
- 2013, International, Best Paper Award, Society of Interdisciplinary Business Conference (SIBR), Bangkok. (ISSN: 2223-5078)
- 2012, Swinburne, Teaching Excellence Award- Highly commended, Swinburne
- 2009, Other, Best â€˜Critical Literature Reviewâ€™ Award by the International Business Research Group/ Development Unit (IBRG/DRU), , Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University
- 2007, International, Best reviewer award , by the International Journal â€“ Contemporary Management Research CMR/ISSN 1813-5498/ CMR-JOURNAL.ORG (ERA B Ranked)
Also published as: Hewege, Chandana; Hewege, C.; Hewege, C. R.; Hewege, Chandana R.; Hewege, Chandana Rathnasiri; Rathnasiri, Chandana; Rathnasiri, H. C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display