Dr Chao Chen
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Hawthorn campus
Chao Chen is currently a Research Scientist in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering and also a core member of Swinburne Cybersecurity Lab. He is currently conducting research on applying advanced analytics to solve emerging cybersecurity issues, such as insider threat detection and information leakage.
Dr. Chen received his Ph.D. degree in computer science at Deakin University in 2017. From 2016 to 2018, he had worked as a Data Scientist at Telstra to create customer value from huge and heterogeneous data sources using advanced analytics and big data techniques. His major research interests include cyber data analytics, network traffic classification, and Twitter spam detection. He has published more than 20 research papers in refereed international journals and conferences, such as IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), IEEE Transactions on Computers, and ACM Asia Conference on Computer & Communications Security (ASIACCS). One of his papers was the featured article of that issue (IT Professional Mar.-Apr. 2016).
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Also published as: Chen, Chao
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Building an Encrypted and Searchable NoSQL Data Store *; Ansen Venture Capital
- 2020: Faculty growth scholarship *; Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology - Internal Contributions
- 2019: Intelligent Vulnerability Detection for Privacy Threat (Data61 Scholarship for Xinbo Ban) *; DATA61
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display