Dr Chamila Perera
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- BA 1101 Hawthorn campus
Dr Chamila Perera holds a PhD in Marketing from the University of Melbourne and a Master of Commerce Degree from University of Kobe, Japan. She won the most prestigious Mombushogaku scholarship from the Japanese Government followed by the Melbourne Business School Doctoral Research Scholarship. She published several research papers in ABDC ranked Journals and won several best paper awards. Her research interests are in Consumer Culture, Climate Change related Behaviour, Sustainability, Environmentalism, Minimalistic lifestyles, Corporate Social Responsibility, Research methodological issues and Pedagogy. She possesses more than 15 years of teaching experience in several study areas including Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, Strategic Marketing, Product and Service Innovations, International Marketing, Marketing Decision Analysis, Customer Relationship Management, and Emarketing.
Consumer cultural practices; Sustainability; Research methodology; Pedagogy; Corporate Social Responsibility; Minimalistic life style; Environmentalism; Climate Change related Behaviour
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 150500
Consumer Behaviour;Marketing Research;Marketing Management;Strategic Marketing;Product and Service Innovations;International Marketing;Marketing Decision Analysis;Customer Relationship Management;Emarketing
- 2017, International, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence, Social Responsibility Journal
- 2013, International, Best Paper award :Pedagogical practices for Integrating Sustainability Education into International Marketing Curricula: Addressing Learning gaps in Sustainability Education, SIBR 2013 Bangkok Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics Research
- 2011, Swinburne, FBE Learning and Teaching Innovation Grant 2011 (with Dr Chandana Hewege), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2010, International, Best Paper award in New Product Development, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Track , Annual Academy of Marketing Conference (July) Coventry University, UK
- 2009, National, International Research Scholarship, The University Melbourne
- 2008, Swinburne, Post Graduate Research Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2005, International, Japanese Government scholarship (Mombushu scholarship - Government Scholar), Japanese Government
Also published as: Perera, Chamila; Perera, C.; Perera, Liyanage; Perera, L.; Perera, C. R.; Perera, Chamila R.; Perera, Chamila Roshani; Perera, L. C. R.; Perera, L. Chamila Roshani; Perera, Liyanage Chamila Roshani; Roshani Perera, Liyanage Chamila
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display