Dr Charlotte Ganderton
- School of Health Sciences
- Department of Nursing and Allied Health
- Swinburne University of Technology Hawthorn campus
Dr Charlotte Ganderton has a PhD in greater trochanteric pain syndrome, B.HltSci and M.PhysioPrac (Hons) from La Trobe University. She has received numerous awards for her research and has published papers and presented at national conferences in the musculoskeletal management of the hip and shoulder. Charlotte is passionate about implementation science and strives to lead research in areas where direct improvements to clinical practice are possible. Charlotte leads a team of researchers across Swinburne University of Technology and the National Institute of Circus Arts that aim to, through research, improve the healthcare knowledge and management of circus performers. Her clinical career has included working with Matilda the Musical, Western Bulldogs VFL, Hockey Victoria, Mill Park Physiotherapy and LifeCare. Charlotte has recently spent 18 months as a travelling physiotherapist with Cirque du Soleil’s Toruk, The First Flight, and is currently working in the Hip and Groin Clinic at LifeCare Malvern.
Physiotherapy; Tendon; Shoulder; Hip; Performers
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Physiotherapy - 420106
Sports Physiotherapy;Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- 2017, National, Wendy Ey, Woman in Sport Award at the Sports Medicine Australia Conference, Sports Medicine Australia
- 2017, National, Best Paper: Australian Physiotherapy Association Conference (Sports), Australian Physiotherapy Association
- 2013, National, Australian Post-graduate Award PhD Scholarship and La Trobe Graduate Assistantship, Australian Postgraduate Award
- 2012, Other, Physiotherapy Research Foundation Research Prize, La Trobe University
- 2012, Other, Margaret and Alan Hamer Research Prize, La Trobe University
- 2012, Other, La Trobe University Patricia Cosh Leadership Award, La Trobe University
- 2012, Other, DM Myers University Medal, La Trobe University
- 2012, Other, Bernard Rechter Graduate Research Prize for Honours, La Trobe University
Also published as: Ganderton, Charlotte; Ganderton, C.; Ganderton, C. L.; Ganderton, Charlotte L.; Ganderton, Charlotte Louise
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.