Dr Mardy Chiah
PhD in Finance, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- BA1126 Hawthorn campus
Mardy completed his Ph.D. in Finance from Monash University. His core research area is in the empirical asset pricing of stocks. This research examines multifactor asset pricing models, stock market anomalies, and whether observed patterns in stock prices have behavioural or risk-based explanations. His research interests also include investments, behavioural finance, funds management & performance evaluation, default risk analysis, socially responsible investments, market reaction to corporate actions, retail and institutional trading behaviours, banking & regulations, and capital market research.
He has published papers in more than ten reputable international peer-reviewed finance journals that are ABDC A/A* ranked. They include Critical Finance Review (A*), International Review of Finance (A), Pacific-Basin Finance Journal (A), Economics Letters (A), and Finance Research Letters (A).
Empirical Asset Pricing; Capital Market Research; Investments; Banking; Behavioural Finance
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Banking, Finance And Investment - 150200
Also published as: Chiah, Mardy; Chiah, M.; Chiah, Chin; Chiah, C.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Decomposing anomaly returns internationally: Cash flow news or discount rate news? *; AFAANZ Research Grants
- 2019: Scoping Study for AtlasTrend *; AtlasTrend Pty Ltd
- 2018: The economic policy uncertainty premium: International evidence *; AFAANZ Research Grants
* Chief Investigator