Dr Charmaine Lloyd
Dr. Charmaine Lloyd (Lobo) is the Unit convenor for the Infections and Immunology for Health Sciences course and Health Science Projects under the Department of Health Sciences (since 2020). Charmaine specializes in Microbiology and is a certified Biorisk professional (IFBA).
Charmaine is passionate about improvising teaching methods in the fields of Microbiology and Immunology. She has publications and IP in this regard. Apart from teaching delivery, she strongly believes in inculcating sound laboratory research techniques in budding researchers at the undergraduate level. She finds great satisfaction in encouraging 'interested' undergraduate and pre-degree (polytechnic) students to publish their first papers. She has been rewarded for her pursuit in teaching excellence with school/ national teaching awards.
Some of her microbiological research includes - Molecular and Serological characterization of Group A, C and G Streptococci from asymptomatic carriers and infection; Drug resistance; Efficacy of probiotics; Development of culture media (Patent awarded); Antimicrobial compounds and Enzymes from eukaryotic microorganisms. In this era of emerging drug resistance and disease agents that have no cure, she is keenly interested in researching antimicrobials from various resources. She has standardized several techniques to improvise natural drug extraction and characterization. She welcomes enquiries from students interested in pursuing similar projects.
Microbiology; Education; Drug discovery
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Medical Microbiology - 320700
- Microbiology - 310700
- Biologically Active Molecules - 340401
Biomedical science;Infectious diseases;Immunology;Genetics;Biosecurity
- 2017, National, Excellent Service Award - Gold category, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2015, Other, School teaching award, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2014, National, Excellent Service Award - Gold category, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2013, Other, Technology Development and Innovation Fund (TDIF) grant, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2013, National, Spring ICV Grant, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2013, Other, School teaching award, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2011, Other, School teaching award, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2010, National, Tote Model Project, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- 2008, International, FEMS Young Investigator Travel Award to the XVII Lancefield International Symposium on Streptococci & Streptococcal diseases, University of Madras, India
- 2018 (current): Member, Australian Society of Microbiology (ASM), Australia
- 2018 (current): Member, International Federation of Biosafety Associations, International
- 2021 (current): Member, Australian Society of Immunology (ASI), Australia
Also published as: Lloyd, Charmaine; Lloyd, C.; Charmaine Lloyd, A. C.; Lloyd, C. A. C.; Lloyd, Charmaine A. C.; Lloyd, Charmaine Ann Celine; Lobo, C.; Lobo, C. A. C.; Lobo, Charmaine; Lobo, Charmaine A. C.; Lobo, Charmaine Ann Celine
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display