Dr Bita Zaferanloo
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology
- AS229 Hawthorn campus
Dr Bita Zaferanloo attended the Ferdowsi University for her undergraduate studies in Agriculture Engineering and continued her Master studies in the field of Biotechnology working on her project titled: "Transformation of proteinase inhibitor gene to cotton using Agrobacterium spp. for producing pest-resistant cotton". She obtained her PhD from the Department of Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology at the Swinburne University of Technology in the field of Microbial Biotechnology working on natural products and drug discovery. Her project investigated endophytes from Australian native plants as novel sources of bioactive compounds with industrial, environmental and medicinal applications.
Since her academic appointment as the lecturer in the school of science, she has started to explore and develop a profound passion and broad aptitude for learning, teaching and research. Her research interests are focused on “Natural Products and Drug Discovery” and “Student Engagement in STEM “and her aspiration is to further recognition of research impact especially in the field of Medical Microbiology and STEM education.
Biotechnology; Food Science; Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Environmental Microbiology; Medical Microbiology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
PhD topics and outlines
Metabolites of Endophytic Fungi from Australian Native Plants as Potential Anticancer Agents
Fields of Research
- Microbiology - 060500
- Medical Biotechnology - 100400
- Environmental Biotechnology - 100200
Biotechnology;Microbiology;Molecular Biology;Research Skills;Communication for Scientists;Biotechnology Project
- 2011, International, Best Poster Prize from The American Society for Microbiology, American Society for Microbiology
- 2010, Swinburne, The scholarship Swinburne University Postgraduate Research Award (SUPRA), Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Zaferanloo, Bita; Zaferanloo, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Exploring endophytes of traditional medicinal plants native to Australia: a potential source of novel bioactive compounds with medicinal, agricultural, and industrial applications. *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display