Dr Brenton Hall
Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University, Australia; Bachelor of Science with first class Honours, Griffith University, Australia; Bachelor of Science, Griffith University, Australia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Science
- Centre for Quantum and Optical Science
- Optical Sciences Centre
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- EN137 Hawthorn campus
I am an experimental physicist whose skills set encompasses laser cooling, atom trapping, quantum degenerate gases, atom interferometry and atom chip technology. My research interests are supported within the Centre for Quantum and Optical Science. I have recently become the Departmemnt Chair for Physics and Astronomy and work with an exceptional group of researchers, lectures and support staff to deliver several courses from undergraduate to Masters level. My primary teaching duties are into the first year unit PHY10001 Energy and Motion and a second year unit PHY30005 Physics Research Laboratories. I liase with all of our undergraduate students as the program coordinator for Physics and provide academic supervision to several professional degree students on work placement.
Ultracold Quantum Gases
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Degenerate Quantum Gases And Atom Optics - 020601
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellors Service Excellence Award, Swinburne University
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne
- 2017 - 2018: Vice President, Australian Institute of Physics (Victorian Branch), Australia
- 2016 - 2019: Member, Australian Insitute of Physics, Australia
Also published as: Hall, Brenton; Hall, B.; Hall, B. V.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2011: Ground station facility for membership of the atomic clock ensemble in space mission *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display