Associate Professor Brenton Hall
Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University, Australia; Bachelor of Science with first class Honours, Griffith University, Australia; Bachelor of Science, Griffith University, Australia
- School of Science, Computing and Engineering Technologies (SoSCET)
- Optical Sciences Centre
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- EN137 Hawthorn campus
I am an experimental physicist whose skills set encompasses laser cooling, atom trapping, quantum degenerate gases, atom interferometry and atom chip technology. My research interests are supported within the Optical Sciences Centre. I have been the Department Chair for Physics and Astronomy since 2018 and work with an exceptional group of researchers, lectures, HDR students and support staff to deliver multiple courses from undergraduate to Masters level. My primary teaching duties are into the first year unit PHY10001 Energy and Motion, the second year unit PHY30005 Physics Research Laboratories and the third year unit NPS30004 Grand Challenges in Science. I support all of our undergraduate students as the physics major discipline coordinator. Outside Swinburne, I am a member of the accreditation committee for the Australian Institute of Physics.
Ultracold Quantum Gases
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Degenerate Quantum Gases And Atom Optics - 510801
- 2019, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellors Service Excellence Award, Swinburne University
- 2014, Swinburne, Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence Award, Swinburne
- 2017 - 2018: Vice President, Australian Institute of Physics (Victorian Branch), Australia
- 2016 - 2019: Member, Australian Insitute of Physics, Australia
Also published as: Hall, Brenton; Hall, B.; Hall, B. V.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2011: Ground station facility for membership of the atomic clock ensemble in space mission *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display