Dr Behzad Nematollahi
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
- ATC732 Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Dr. Nematollahi is an ARC DECRA Fellow at the Center for Sustainable Infrastructure. He is also Deputy Director of Smart Structures Laboratory (in charge of Concrete Laboratory).
Dr. Nematollahi has received an Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) for his 3-year project started in January 2018. The project aims to develop a 3D printable fiber-reinforced geopolymer/Portland cement concrete for digital construction. DECRA is a Fellowship Program for Early Career Researchers as part of ARC National Competitive Grants Program, which is an incredibly competitive process with a success rate of 16%.
Dr. Nematollahi received his PhD from the Swinburne University of Technology. The topic of his PhD thesis was “Investigation of Geopolymer as a Sustainable Alternative Binder for Fiber-Reinforced Strain- Hardening Composites” under the supervision of Prof. Jay Sanjayan.
Construction Materials; High-Performance Fiber-Reinforced Cementitious Composites; Ultra-High Performance Fiber-Reinforced Concrete; Advanced Concrete Technology; 3D Concrete Printing; Geopolymer Concrete; Fiber-Reinforced Strain-Hardening Cementitious Composites
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Construction Materials - 090503
- Structural Engineering - 090506
CVE20002-Computer Aided Engineering Civil;CVE10004-Mechanics of Structures;CVE20003-Design of Concrete Structures;CVE30002-Design of Steel Structures
- 2019, International, Travel Grant for Shanghai Civil Engineering and Surveying Young Scholars Forum, Tongji University, China
- 2018, International, UA-DAAD (Universities Australia-Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst), Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, Swinburne, FSET Eearly Career Researcher Award, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2018, National, ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award, Australian Research Council
- 2017, National, National Engineering Bursary Award-Highly Commended-, Concrete Institute of Australia
- 2015, International, Dresden International Summer School (DISS) Award, Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and Dresden State Governments
- 2014, Swinburne, Competitive Awards for Conference Attendance, Swinburne University of Technology
- 2012, Swinburne, Swinburne University Postgraduate Award (SUPRA), Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Nematollahi, Behzad; Nematollahi, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Development of 3D-printable Strain-Hardening Fibre-Reinforced Geopolymer Composites for Digital Construction Applications *; UA-DAAD (Universities Australia-Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst)
- 2018: 3D printable geopolymer with orientable fibres for construction application *; ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display