Associate Professor Boris Eisenbart
- School of Design
- Department of Interior Architecture and Industrial Design
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering
- AMDC 904 Hawthorn campus
Boris Eisenbart is an Associate Professor and Research Director of the Industry 4.0 Testlab at Swinburne. Here he is also the Course Coordinator for Swinburne's prestigious Product Design Engineering Program. He is on a joint appointment between the School of Design & Architecture and School of Engineering. He holds a degree (Dipl.-Ing.) in Mechatronics Engineering with a specialisation in Engineering Design and Automation from Saarland University, Germany. Boris obtained his Ph.D. in Engineering Design and Management focusing on interdisciplinary system design from the University of Luxembourg while receiving advisory supervision at the Technical University of Denmark. Before joining Swinburne, he has been an Assistant Professor in Design Theory and Methodology in the Product Innovation Management Department at the Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. Prior, he has been a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Design Thinking and Strategy at the University of Sydney, Australia.
Boris has been serving on the Programme Committee of several conferences, most notably for the International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED) in 2019 (Delft, Netherlands) and for its upcoming iteration in 2023, which will be held in Bordeaux, France. Recently, he has joined the Editorial Board of the internationally acclaimed Journal of Engineering Design (JED).
Boris believes that agile application of design methods and models is key for designers to create innovative solutions. He focuses on modelling and managing complex product development processes. A second thread of his research addresses behavioural strategies in decision making and innovation management.
- Interdisciplinary Product Development
- Design Thinking
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Function Modelling
- Engineering Design
- Innovation Management
- Decision Making/Behavioural Strategies
Lectures and/or coaches students on:
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Systematic Product Development
- Design Thinking
- Design Research Methods
- Design Methods, Process Modelling
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Also published as: Eisenbart, Boris; Eisenbart, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2022: Trial Run for Reclaimed Glass Fibre panel Production *; LIVEFIELD PTY LTD Fund Scheme
- 2021: Aerostructures Innovation Research Hub (AIR Hub) *; VIC Department of Education and Training
- 2021: Light weight fire retardant building cladding *; Critical Minerals Technologies Pty Ltd Fund Scheme
- 2021: Victorian Hydrogen Hub (VH2) *; VIC Department of Education and Training
- 2020: Safety Structure for Side-Impact in Single Seat Formula Motor Car Race Vehicles *; Federation Internationale de l'Automobile
- 2019: Economy Bed *; Medical Device Partnering Program
- 2019: Extended Reality for Manufacturing Industries *; Beyond Europe - Austrian Research Promotion Agency
- 2019: Industry 4.0 manufacturing of high-volume lightweight composites *; Global Innovation Linkages Program
- 2019: Portable Lithium Power Pack - ICG001090 *; Innovation Connections
- 2018: Automation of High Volume Composite Component Manufacture *; Ford Motor Company Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
- 2021-11-11: Space Sustainability Becoming Top Priority For Humanity - RTRFM
- 2021-03-01: Pensamiento Anticipatorio: Una Habilidad Esencial del Siglo XXI - Medium
- 2021-02-01: Anticipatory Thinking: An essential 21st century skill - Medium
- 2020-12-05: What can we learn from superorganisms? Designing Bio-Driven Business Model (BBM) - UX Collective
- 2020-05-05: Strategising innovation during a world-wide pandemic - Medium - The Startup
- 2019-10-21: Swinburne and Medical Connect democratise air travel - Swinburne News
- 2016-07-02: Detailing Solutions and Concepts - YouTube
- 2016-07-01: Creating Meaningful Concepts to Grasp Business Opportunity - YouTube