- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Swinburne Research
- Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- AMDC 205.6 Hawthorn campus
Ali Yavari is Senior Research Engineer (Software and Data Analytics) at Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering. He has received his Master of Science degree in Communication Systems from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. He had been pursuing his Ph.D. in School of Computer Science and Information Technology at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia. Ali had been collaborating with Digital Productivity Flagship and Data61 at CSIRO. Prior to joining RMIT, Ali was Research Engineer at KTH University in Communication Systems department. He contributed to several European research projects including SeRMon and COSEM and collaborated with several companies and organizations including, but not limited to, Wireless@KTH, TeliaSonera, Vinnova, and Ericsson. Ali has been working for more than ten years in IT industry as chief executive officer, project manager, system designer, and developer for aviation, bank, and IT companies in several countries. He serves as program committee member and designated reviewer in several international conferences and workshops. Ali is currently a committee member in Computer Society Chapter at IEEE Victorian Section. He is also a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers. More information about Ali can be found at http://www.aliyavari.com
Internet of Things; Contextualisation; Machine Learning; Big Data; Information System; Sensor Network; Computer Security; IT Entrepreneurship; Wireless Network; Mobile and Pervasive Computing
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Computer Software - 080300
- Information Systems - 080600
Also published as: Yavari, Ali; Yavari, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Industry 4.0 Inbound Milk Supply Chain Monitoring Pilot *; Bega Cheese Pty Ltd
- 2018: Development of a deep-learning based solution for detecting corrosion in industrial assets using images captured from drones *; Robonomics AI
- 2017: Development and trial of a IoT-based system for environmental and corporate compliance monitoring of retail fuel outlets. *; Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display