Professor Alex Stojcevski
Professor Alex Stojcevski is the Dean of School of Science, Computing and Engineering Technologies at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne Australia. He is responsible for providing leadership in the field of science, computing technologies, and engineering technologies to all staff and students in the School. Prior to being appointed to Swinburne University of Technology, Professor Stojcevski was the Head of School of Science & Technology at RMIT University Vietnam, and prior to that appointment he was the Deputy Head of Deakin University’s School of Engineering and the Head of Electrical and Electrical Engineering in Australia. Over his academic career, Professor Stojcevski has held senior appointments at Victoria University in Australia as well as an invited position in Denmark.
Professor Stojcevski holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree, Masters by research degree in Artifical Intelligence and Fuzzy Logic, and a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering. He also holds a Masters degree in Educational Leadership and a Masters degree in Project Based Learning (PBL) in Engineering and Science from Aalborg University in Denmark. Professor Stojcevski has also held numerous external positions such as external Professor of Aalborg University, Council member of the European Engineering Education Society, and is currently an international member of the consultative committee of the Centre for Problem Based Learning in Engineering and Sustainability, Aalborg University under the auspices of UNESCO. Professor Stojcevski is also an invited Fellow of the Institute of Engineers Australia. He has published more than 300 book chapters, journals, and conference articles and has attracted more than AUD$80M in projects funding.
Advanced Statistics and Big Data; Power System stability and control; Smart Grids and Microgrids; Electric Vehicle Research; Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing; Power System stability and control
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Smart Grids and Microgrids
Also published as: Stojcevski, Alex; Stojcevski, A.; Stojcevski, Aleksandar
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2021: Design and implementation of Advanced micro wind turbine (under 10kw) passive control system *; ADANT Services Group - Fund Scheme
- 2021: Development and experimental implementation of Transactive Demand Response Management System through Open ADR-approach for institutional Buildings *; Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- 2021: Donald and Tarnagulla Microgrid Feasibility Study- Stakeholder Impact Investigation *; C4NET Fund Scheme
- 2021: Virtual Reality based Next Generation Lean Leader Training Platform *; Theta Wave Pty Ltd - Partnership Funds
- 2020: Advanced Energy Management System for Regional Virtual Power Plant *; KIG Energy
- 2020: Investigation of Workforce Solutions for Rural and Remote Services in Aged Care *; Deakin University
- 2019: Design of an Efficient BIPV Microgrid with integrated Storage System *; Brightcell Energy Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display