Dr Alireza Mohammadinia
Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; Master of Science, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Engineering
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering
Dr Alireza Mohammadinia is a research fellow in the field of geotechnical engineering and an environmental activist. His field of research in Geotechnical engineering involves sustainable development of geo-environmental materials and recycling industrial waste for railway and pavement construction. His interest in research extends laboratory and field instrumentation and modelling of large-scale pavement prototypes. His expertise are:
- Sustainability and recycling
- Ground improvement techniques
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Numerical finite element and discrete element modelling in Geomechanics
- Embankment dam design and construction
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Co-Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Environmental Impact Assessment - 050204
- Civil Geotechnical Engineering - 090501
- Construction Materials - 090503
- 2018, Swinburne, Research Impact Award - For "Recycled materials in geotechnical engineering applications", Swinburne University of Technology
Also published as: Mohammadinia, Alireza; Mohammadinia, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Field Demonstration of Plastics and Glass Fines in Concrete Footpath *; Sustainability Victoria
- 2018: Soft computing based modelling of recycled waste materials in transportation geotechnics *; Stretford Civil Constructions Pty Ltd
* Chief Investigator