Dr Adam Karg
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Management and Marketing
- AGSE321 Hawthorn campus
Dr Adam Karg is a Senior Research Fellow in the Swinburne Business School. He has completed a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) and PhD at Deakin University and his main research areas are concerned with sport fan and customer equity, specifically season ticket holder and membership services related to satisfaction, engagement and organisation-fan relationships. Additionally, he undertakes research in organisation design, consumer behaviour, sponsorship and branding, analytics and innovation applied to sport.
Adam has published research articles in ranked peer-reviewed sport management and marketing journals and is a co-author of leading textbooks on Sport Marketing and Sport Organisation. He has also been engaged in a range of research and consulting activities with national and state sporting organisations, governing bodies, sport technology start-ups and more than 50 professional sport teams in Australia and overseas. Adam has presented at academic and industry conferences and undertaken workshops for national and overseas audiences and is the current President of the Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand (SMAANZ).
Innovation; Sport Marketing; Marketing; Consumer Behaviour; Analytics; Management
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Sport And Leisure Management - 150404
- Marketing Management (incl. Strategy And Customer Relations) - 150503
- Marketing Measurement - 150504
Also published as: Karg, Adam; Karg, A.; Karg, A. J.; Karg, Adam J.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Change Our Game initiatives evaluation *; Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- 2019: Customer Equity in Professional Sport Teams *; Australian Football League
- 2019: Employee Experience in Leisure Service Delivery *; PeninsulaLeisure
- 2018: Customer Equity in Professional Sport *; Australian Football League
- 2018: Customer Equity in Sport Member Services *; PeninsulaLeisure
- 2018: Renewal Modelling and Segmentation of Sport Consumers *; Collingwood Foodball Club Fund Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display