Dr Andrew Haig
PhD, Swinburne Institute of Technology, Australia; MDes (by Research), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia; BA (Design), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Andrew has over 35 years of experience as a communication design academic at Swinburne and as a design practitioner in industry. Andrew’s PhD investigated how to improve pedestrian wayfinding with mobile maps by using photographs of landmarks in the map interface, connecting concepts from environmental psychology with design. Andrew is the Department Chair of Communication Design.
Prior to his return to Swinburne, Andrew was a director of a design partnership focused on visual identity projects, exhibition design and publication design (print and digital). Key clients were organisations from the environment, news/media, museum and education sectors.
wayfinding; navigation; environmental behaviour; user experience
Fields of Research
- Mobile Computing - 460608
- Design - 330300
- Geospatial Information Systems And Geospatial Data Modelling - 401302
User-centred design;Communication design;Visual identity design;Information design
- 2020 (current): Member, SEGD: Society of Environmental Graphic Design, International
- 2017 (current): Member, International Institute of Information Design, International
- 2021 - 2021: Member, AGDA: Australian Graphic Designers Association, Australia
Also published as: Haig, Andrew; Haig, A.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
There are no media items to display