Dr Asanka Gunasekara
Asanka Gunasekara, PhD, is a Lecturer in Management at Swinburne Business School. Asanka's main research interests are in the areas of social and organisational inclusion of migrants. In particular she is interested in skilled migrants' acculturation, wellbeing and career success. In addition, Asanka is interested in employee and organisational mindfulness and wellbeing studies. She publishes in international peer-reviewed journals including, International Journal of Intercultural Relations, Employee Relations and Asia and Pacific Migration Journal.
Asanka teaches various units within Swinburne Business School, including Introduction to Management, Organisational Behaviour and Capstone Industry Project. Prior to joining academia, she worked in the finance industry.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Associate Supervisor.
Available to supervise honours students.
Fields of Research
- Organisation And Management Theory - 350709
- Organisational Behaviour - 350710
Also published as: Gunasekara, Asanka; Gunasekara, A.; Gunasekara, A. N.; Gunasekara, Asanka N.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
There are no grants to display.
- 2021-08-18: Sweeping victory, Great Expectations, and Mounting Challenges in Sri Lanka - Print (Critical Asian Studies)
- 2020-06-24: Hopes working from home the new normal - The Australian
- 2020-06-10: Flexible Work Day 2020 - ABC Radio Newcastle
- 2020-05-26: Hopes working from home the new normal - Daily Mail UK
- 2020-05-20: Recognise, Accept, Investigate, Negotiate: Lecturer on Adaptation to Remote Work Amid COVID Pandemic - Sputnik Radio UK
- 2020-03-06: Lived experiences of Sri Lankan female migrants in Australia - IWD 2020 - SBS Radio
- 2019-08-08: Migrants who adapt to Australian culture say they’re happier than those who don’t - Print