Dr Aurora Elmes
Master of Social Work, RMIT University, Australia; Bachelor of Contemporary Arts, Deakin University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Swinburne Business School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- AGSE203 Hawthorn campus
Aurora Elmes is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Social Impact (CSI) Swinburne. Since joining CSI Swinburne in 2016, Aurora has worked on the Giving Australia 2016 project, co-authored the Philanthropy and Philanthropists report, and assisted with research focused on the resilience and resourcing of social enterprise. Aurora’s PhD research focused on understanding the effects of a social enterprise on employment, social inclusion, health and wellbeing for people with mental illness, through a three-year evaluation of Australian social enterprise, Vanguard Laundry Services.
Aurora’s research interests include social enterprise, inclusive employment, mental health, social policy and the social determinants of health. Prior to joining CSI Swinburne, Aurora worked at the National Ageing Research Institute, and at Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health.
Social enterprise; Social impact
Fields of Research
- Business And Management Not Elsewhere Classified - 150399
- Applied Sociology, Program Evaluation And Social Impact Assessment - 160801
Also published as: Elmes, Aurora; Elmes, A.; Elmes, A. I.; Elmes, Aurora I.; Elmes, Aurora Isabelle
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2020: Informing the Victorian Social Enterprise Ecosystem *; Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- 2020: Vanguard Laundry Evaluation Study - Phase 2 *; Vanguard Laundry Services
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display